Constant Wifi connect/disconnect, NOT Smart Network Switch

luckystrikes23

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
So just in the last few days my phone has started having some issues. I got a Powerbot wireless charger(PB1020) about the same time I got my phone at release. It's worked fine , and still does as far as I know. But know, after my phone is fully charged, when I remove it from the charger it's pretty warm(this is a new development, not really had it get very warn on the wireless charger before) and then it begins to connect and disconnect from the wifi repeatedly. I'm talking like every second it switches. I keep seeing people saying to turn off Smart Network Switch, but I did that the second day I had my phone, and it's still off, so obviously its something else. Anyone else had any similar problems and know a fix maybe? I'd hate to have to reset my phone.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
So just in the last few days my phone has started having some issues. I got a Powerbot wireless charger(PB1020) about the same time I got my phone at release. It's worked fine , and still does as far as I know. But know, after my phone is fully charged, when I remove it from the charger it's pretty warm(this is a new development, not really had it get very warn on the wireless charger before) and then it begins to connect and disconnect from the wifi repeatedly. I'm talking like every second it switches. I keep seeing people saying to turn off Smart Network Switch, but I did that the second day I had my phone, and it's still off, so obviously its something else. Anyone else had any similar problems and know a fix maybe? I'd hate to have to reset my phone.

Have you tried a reboot? Have you tried clearing system cache? Have you tried deleting and re-adding the Wifi SSID? Have you tried multiple Wifi networks? Have you tried both bands?

luckystrikes23

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Rebooting has worked as a temporary fix. And I have tried re-adding the SSID. Never thought about the system cache though. The last two will be a little more difficult, but I'll get back to you on whether the cache wipe helped, or I get a chance to try the other two. Thanks!

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Is Smart Network Switch Sprint? I just got this phone the other day and love it so much more than my old lgg3. My only issue is that at work I can't connect to the secure WiFi and my battery is suffering. I installed the required Smart Connect app (for work), but it's saying invalid password, when I know it's not. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Smart Switch, but I can't find that in my settings. Thanks in advance!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord