Constantly gointo into split screen mode

paulsiu

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
On a Galaxy Tab A 10.1, I am browsing on Chrome. I know that if I long press on the recent application button, the tablet will go into split screen mode and allow me to select another app to display on the split screen.

One problem is that when I browse, I am constantly getting a prompt to split screen as if I press on the recent application button. I haven't figure out what triggered it but it's really annoying. What could be triggering this feature.

Paul

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does it only happen when you're using Chrome? That shouldn't have any impact on the recent app button, but judging by "when I browse", it sounds more like a Chrome issue. Have you tried another browser?

paulsiu

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
That's what I have been trying to determine. Chrome is where I spend most of the time on the tablet. I could install a different browser and see what would happen.

I did look through Chrome setting to see if there was some sort of gesture, but nothing. I check through Nova prime settings (it's running Nova Prime instead of Touchwiz), but nothing there either.

Paul

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
To be honest I don't know what's triggering it, but if you're not using multi window you can toggle it off in the quick toggles and put it back on when you want to use it. It's as easy as turning Wi-Fi on and off.

paulsiu

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I have verified that the issue occur on application other than chrome. There is no option to turn off multiple window, but there is apparently an app that adds the setting.

I am going to go back to touchwiz for a bit to see if it's an issue with Nova Prime.

Paul

paulsiu

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I have verify that it happens in Touchwiz, which means it is not a Nova. I looked online and they indicate the possible reason as the cause:

1. Interference by screen protector.
2. Hardware problem.
3. OS problem.

I did system to the latest firmware and the issue appears to have disappeared.

paul

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janvi212