Constantly syncing

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
So I've noticed over the last few days my Thunderbolt is syncing very often. When I go to see what is syncing, there is nothing with the sync icon next to it. I barely have anything set to auto sync at all.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that a couple of apps seem to like to use the sync technology -- or at least they display the sync symbol occasionally, whatever technology they are using. For the life of me I can't remember any right now. But, if you install "Watchdog" from the Market, a process monitor, you'll be able to see all the processes and probably be able to determine which app is "syncing". After that it will probably be a simple matter of going into the app settings and turning background updates/syncs on or off, depending on your wishes.

Watchdog is only one app that makes it easy to see the processes, there are many. Also, you might even find it in Menu | Settings | Applications | Running Services | Running.

-Frank

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Think I figured out what it was... The new Verizon Fios Remote app seems to constantly sync in the background. Looks like other people are complaining about it in the market also.

Reactions: natehoy

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Think I figured out what it was... The new Verizon Fios Remote app seems to constantly sync in the background. Looks like other people are complaining about it in the market also.

Thank you for taking the time to post the solution you found in addition to your question. That's very helpful.