Contact Apps

alexondrums

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I’m (tentatively) supporting AirWatch in my company and the project team have recently rolled out some changes including a new profile and some different apps.

All the phones are Samsung Galaxy A3’s, running Android 5.x – 6.x

Initially we’ve been using the native Contacts app to sync exchange contact info, however it’s been a bit unreliable, so the decision was made to enable the Airwatch contacts app as it works more reliably.

The problem we have now is that there is limited interfacing between the Airwatch Contacts and the phones built-in apps –such as SMS messages and the call logs. E.g, some people find that text messages or call logs just show phone numbers rather than names.

One workaround was to export the contacts from the Airwatch app to the native contacts app – this allows the call log and SMS messages to show contact info etc. However it then means that any changes need to be exported back out – and any new contacts need to be added first to the Airwatch contacts app?

I wasn’t involved in the decision making or testing, but now getting bombarded with these kind of questions from customers who are finding it a bit confusing!

Can anyone advise ways of getting the AW contacts app to interface with the phone better, or any other solutions that work more intuitively?

Infrastructure wise, we're running Exchange 2003 :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I wasn’t involved in the decision making or testing, but now getting bombarded with these kind of questions from customers who are finding it a bit confusing!
If it were me, I'd turn those customers over to the person who made the decision. Working for a company that doesn't give you authority but sticks you with supporting the decisions of others has led me to change employers more than once.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000