Contact names are not showing

Bedanta

Mar 6, 2024
Visit site
My fathers contact names are not showing in redmi phone. I did everything from YouTube guides. But the problem is still here. any suggestions here you guys can make.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that your father's Redmi phone isn't showing his contacts? Or that his phone shows his contacts' phone numbers, but not the names associated with them, when he gets calls or texts from them? Or are you talking about your own Redmi phone, and your father's contact listing in the Contacts app isn't showing his name?

Please clarify, thanks.

Bedanta

Mar 6, 2024
Visit site
Are you saying that your father's Redmi phone isn't showing his contacts? Or that his phone shows his contacts' phone numbers, but not the names associated with them, when he gets calls or texts from them? Or are you talking about your own Redmi phone, and your father's contact listing in the Contacts app isn't showing his name?

Please clarify, thanks.
Ok thanks , let me clear

My father uses a Redmi Note 7A phone.

He hava a lot of contacts saved up in his phone. but the contact names are not showing, when someone calls the names never shows, only the numbers. and also in the call logs section, the numbers are there , without the names.

*i tried to attach a screenshot but it didn't attach. *

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok -- go to Settings>Apps, select Phone, then Permissions, and make sure the Phone app has permission to access Contacts.

Reactions: Bedanta

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If they still don't show up, then see if the phone numbers that are saved with the contacts match the incoming numbers exactly -- including the country codes, if present.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej