Contact Search

CLAYPOOLS

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
When searching your People Contacts is there a way to change the setting to include the ability to search contacts by company name? Thank you.

TheSultan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I just went in and tried playing a bunch to see if I could figure something out, and I wasn't able to come up with anything. I also tried searching by company name in the "People Search" on 2.1, it doesn't recognize it.

simplyapplied

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Try Gesture Search. I just tried it and while it finds a lot of extraneous information, it also finds the company name. If you put in several letters towards the name of the company, it should narrow down the results.

It is gesture based, so you swipe the letters. I don't have enough posts so it won't let me hyperlink, but just google "gesture search video" and it will show you how it works. Typically the videos disable the contacts in the search so it doesn't show you their contacts, but it does search contacts as well.

Reactions: prometheus

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Oh, come on... what's not to like in aTAKEphONE ? ... :D

atp_system_wallpaper.gif

tungsten

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that could be better than aTAKEPHONE is TEALPHONE but is not available yet in ANDROID. Hopefully it will come soon.

I am looking for a contact search capability in which you can search a criteria say last name and then search the results ONLY for another criteria and then do this again and again and again and then once you find the contact dial it. This is what Tealphone offered than I have not seen yet in any other application that I know off.

Anyone knows if there is anything out there that will do that?

SoftWyer

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ideally, a good contacts search application would find the contact on the first search.

Being the author of Contact Lookup, then I'd recommend those.

The paid versions have a mode where you can search names using first initial and surname. That finds most people really quickly. Clicking on the search result will take you to the Contact Details, though I'd recommend Contact View if you're using a HTC.

Furthermore, these applications also support an AND mode search, where you can keep searching by adding more search terms to the current query. Not quite what you describe, but the same effect when coupled with auto-search capabilities, which start a search 1/2 second after you finish typing. Try the free version, it has this mode too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadeharper