contacts disappeared

jhale1800

Dec 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
I did a search for this very problem on my droid with no luck so forgive me if I'm double posting, I'm not around a pc. My phone just restarted by itself and upon powering back up my synced contacts for gmail, facebook, and my exchange account are all gone. I went to my accounts and it says that their is a problem syncing my facebook accounts at the moment but will be back up and running soon. Has anybody else had this problem and know how I can fix it? Preferbly without a pc.

Fyi: All the generic resets aren't working

nerdbox08

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
You mention facebook but not gmail or exchange, are they actually syncing? Its it possible you turned off automatic syncing altogether?

Also is this just synced contacts or all of your contacts?

If it is just synced contacts I would check the syncing again and disable it, reboot and try enabling it.

If it's all your contacts do you have a backup on your card from possibly when your contacts were originally ported to the phone?

Last edited:

jhale1800

Dec 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
I just unchecked the sync contacts for my 3 accounts and rechecked them and now I have everything back. Thanks for the suggestion! I don't know what happened I've never had this problem.

nerdbox08

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I just unchecked the sync contacts for my 3 accounts and rechecked them and now I have everything back. Thanks for the suggestion! I don't know what happened I've never had this problem.

the second day learning the system I broke my syncing and I thad to actually remove my accounts and set them back up. It was a pain so I am glad you didn't have to lol