Contacts disappearing ?

sudermatt

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Check your sync's

Super helpful :confused: you may have well just posted RTFM.

I am having this problem as well.

Can someone please explain what this means and what might be causing my contacts to disappear?

Is there something I can do to prevent it?

How to get them back?

Thanks

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
When you guys have contact open, try going to Menu and then Display Options. From there, make sure you have the correct accounts chosen for displaying in the contact list. Let me know if this helps.

This is more of a general Android Help & How To question, so I'm going to go ahead and move it to the right place.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I don't use the cloud, but suspect you do. So it has to do with your sync with Gmail contacts...it's going out to the cloud, not seeing it there, and therefore deleting it on your Droid is my guess. Hope that gives you a clue how to change the process. I have no idea.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Oh, and what Cory said. Sometimes I find that it's decided to not display some contact categories for some reason.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the cloud, but suspect you do. So it has to do with your sync with Gmail contacts...it's going out to the cloud, not seeing it there, and therefore deleting it on your Droid is my guess. Hope that gives you a clue how to change the process. I have no idea.

Huh? what's "the cloud?" (Sorry, if that's a stupid question)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeycee2017