Question Contacts from android disappeared

Junayd2311

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
I have a mi note 11 pro with miui 14. There were more then 300 contacts in my Google contacts and synched with my gmail for the past 10 years or so. Never ever I had a problem with restoring the contacts from the gmail. Today i put my phone on charging and after charging completed and I started to use it I noticed all contacts are gone. I have checked every thing from synch to backup to restore to undo changes to past hour etc but to no use. I visited contacts.google.com, there it says 105 contacts instead of 325 and trash folder is empty meaning no contact deleted then where all my contacts have gone to. Moreover, in the restore section of contacts, the very first time after contacts app showed 0 contacts restore section showed 325 contacts have been restored but when i opened contacts app, still empty. Can anyone help me please!

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
In the Contacts app, have you checked that you are showing contacts from your Google account (maybe it got 'hidden'?). What's weird is that in the web version you SHOULD see all the contacts (or be able to restore up to a certain point in the past 30 or 60 days, I forget which one Google allows nowadays).

Also check any other accounts you may have had in your phone where these contacts could have been stored in (maybe they weren't being saved to the main account); Exchange, other Google accounts, etc.

Reactions: Junayd2311

Junayd2311

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
In the Contacts app, have you checked that you are showing contacts from your Google account (maybe it got 'hidden'?). What's weird is that in the web version you SHOULD see all the contacts (or be able to restore up to a certain point in the past 30 or 60 days, I forget which one Google allows nowadays).

Also check any other accounts you may have had in your phone where these contacts could have been stored in (maybe they weren't being saved to the main account); Exchange, other Google accounts, etc.
I myself check all my settings take regular backups and ensure thode are maintained and as I said earlier I never had a problem of such. All my important stuff are only saved to a single gmail account, no other account.
Have checked every single option in contacts app in Google account, uninstall contacts app, roll back previous update, install 3rd party app etc.
Whats weird is before this event, on the web UI there were 325 contacts listed now only 105, trash folder is empty, undo changes to 1 hour to yesterday to 1 week end in the same result.
After this event of disappearing contacts and showing 105 contacts in web UI, i again came to contacts app, restore option showed me all my 325 contacts I double checked some contacts which were missing from the web UI list and was happy that finally found it it restored showed checked sign but alas same empty list. Now the restore option is consistent that gmail and local phone contacts are same.

Junayd2311

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
Might be a bug on Google's side...
Yeah it definietly was a bugs or problem from Google side. Whatever the contacts were on the web should have been copied to the app that made me think its a problem with Google or the app. I searched the internet and there were reports of affected Google services.

All my contacts are back now

Reactions: SpookDroid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter