Contacts "People" Tab Empty - How to Populate?

Viscott

May 23, 2010
www.viscott.com
I activated my new HTC EVO 4g LTE phone today and I am trying to understand how the "People" app functions in Android 4.0.3 and Sense 4.0.

When I synced with my Goggle account my Contacts were populated in the "Phone" Tab correctly. However the "People" Tab only has my default "My Profile".

My "Groups" tab is populated correctly as well with 109 contacts that I want in the phone and as part of my "People" listing. This syncs with Google and using Companionlink to my Outlook.

If I select from the drop down in the upper left "Phonebook" the counts are as follows:
Facebook 0
Google 1608
Phone 0

So here is my question:

How do I get my "Phone" conctacts to appear in the default "People" Tab which currently has the one default contact?

Thanks,
Jon

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
it should do it automatically. the people tab is your contact list from gmail. if youre using a different email client to sync your contacts with then i wouldnt know what to tell you since i use gmail. however, i would give it a little time to sync up by itself. otherwise go into settings > accounts and sync and see if everything is set correctly.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. I'm trying to move contacts from EVO Shift & Samsung Replenish. It says paired but not connected. The Shift is not activated, does that mean it won't transfer contacts?

Viscott

May 23, 2010
www.viscott.com
it should do it automatically. the people tab is your contact list from gmail. if youre using a different email client to sync your contacts with then i wouldnt know what to tell you since i use gmail. however, i would give it a little time to sync up by itself. otherwise go into settings > accounts and sync and see if everything is set correctly.

My concern is that when you use G+ your contacts get completely out of control. Same with Facebook. I have lots of "Friends" but they are not all really close friends. I want to only sync the data I actually want.

Maybe it's a bug because they are in the phone tab, and not showing up at all in the people tab.

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
My concern is that when you use G+ your contacts get completely out of control. Same with Facebook. I have lots of "Friends" but they are not all really close friends. I want to only sync the data I actually want.

Maybe it's a bug because they are in the phone tab, and not showing up at all in the people tab.

well i dont use google+ and i do have my contacts linked with facebook, but only those who are already in my gmail contact list. if i have a facebook friend but not their number or email in my gmail contact list, they dont appear on my phone contacts, if that makes sense. but the easiest thing to do is just use your gmail contacts. it automatically syncs. i didnt have to do anything with my old phone to get my contacts on the evo. they were automatically there as soon as i activated this phone.