Convert handwriting afterwards

Walt Tracy

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I have followed and tried the on the fly handwriting recognition, but sometimes I would like to just take my notes in handwriting, then convert and edit it later. Is there a way to do that on the GN8?

NJHitmen

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Just bumping this in case anyone else has an opinion here. This is exactly what I'd like to do as well. I see no way to do it with S Note, but maybe there's another app that would do the trick?

Nathan Briggs

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried "7notes with mazec" on the google play store? This app allows you to handwrite first and convert to text later if you want. There is a free version to try it out: "7notes Free"

One thing to note: 7notes is not totally freehand writing. You write in a box on the bottom and it shrinks your handwriting and puts it up top. So it's good for writing only, but not for mixed writing and drawings.

Another option, which is not exactly what you asked for, is to export your Snote as an image and send it to Evernote, which will recognize your handwriting. Your handwritten notes are now searchable, but they are not actually converted to editable text.

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to bump this thread up as well. Recently acquired this gizmo.

Is there an app that allows writing using the S-pen, and then exporting into a word document? So far I've figured Google Docs lets me do this if I use the Samsung keyboard's handwriting box, and that isn't bad. Curious if there are other alternatives that allow for the whole screen to be used as the scribbling pad as it were.

Essentially all I am looking for is an app that I use with the S-pen and that has the ability to export to a .doc or .docx file.

Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malit