Convert my mini SD card from Internal storage to external storage

AJsaker

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
I had a 16 gig mini SD card that I put into my new Alcatel a30 tablet in order to use it for storage. I ensured the card and asked me if I wanted to format for internal storage and I said yes it went through and did whatever it does and now it won't recognize there being anything there. I go into the settings I go into my internal storage and it shows 16GB but that's the amount of storage that I had in the first place. Now I would assume that it should increase the settings to show me that it has 32 correct? But it doesn't, and any postings that I see on the sites basically tell me to go to settings go to storage and then go to SD card but when I go into my settings storage section it doesn't show me anything it doesn't show me an SD card it does not show me an option to look at an SD card and when I reboot my tablet it doesn't ask me to if I want to format the SD card or not I get no information about an SD card. It's as if it it's not even there. doesn't even come up at all.. If anybody could help me it would be greatly appreciated thank you

Last edited:

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Physically eject and re-insert the card. Consider buying a new card.
Also, as I have learned from personal experience (Moto Z2 Play) formatting as internal storage is problematic. I had to reformat my card as external and reinstall a few applications.

Device stability and data integrity improved noticeably.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with @gordol -- Lenovo's implementation of Adoptable Storage seems to be glitchier than other manufacturers, based on the number of posts we see on this forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisab126