Copy Options missing after selecting text.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Pixel 4A. I like to be able to copy text from a webpage and put it in a note or voice reader. Hasn't been a problem in the past. But suddenly in both the Chrome browser and the Samsung Internet browser I installed, when I select the text, either by frame handles or "Select All", all the Copy functions disappear and I just have the selected text but no way to do anything with it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Samsun Browser, rebooting, etc, but can't seem to get this functionality back. Is there a setting I am missing or any other ideas on how to get this working again in the browsers?
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Synthtony

May 11, 2022
Visit site
B. Diddy
Thanks for the response. I have registered and I did try your suggestion but no change. If you have any other thoughts, please let me know.

Synthtony

May 11, 2022
Visit site
Again thanks for the response. The thread is basically the same thing as suggested earlier, go to settings, clear storage, and cahe>restart.
I have done this on the G Board, Chrome and the Samsung Internet Browser. Still not seeing the copy options come back. Any other thoughts?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Again thanks for the response. The thread is basically the same thing as suggested earlier, go to settings, clear storage, and cahe>restart.
I have done this on the G Board, Chrome and the Samsung Internet Browser. Still not seeing the copy options come back. Any other thoughts?
Hi welcome to AC!
Go to setting's at the top search bar type reset app preference and see if that works

amymuse9

Aug 13, 2023
Visit site
I have a Pixel 4A. I like to be able to copy text from a webpage and put it in a note or voice reader. Hasn't been a problem in the past. But suddenly in both the Chrome browser and the Samsung Internet browser I installed, when I select the text, either by frame handles or "Select All", all the Copy functions disappear and I just have the selected text but no way to do anything with it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Samsun Browser, rebooting, etc, but can't seem to get this functionality back. Is there a setting I am missing or any other ideas on how to get this working again in the browsers?
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
I have had the same problem several times on Samsung Galaxy Note 9. It has corrected itself without my understanding why. Today it disappeared again. I discovered a method that made it work again: After "select all" highlighted all the text, I moved to the first highlighted paragraph and pressed down on the screen there. The Copy Functions reappeared and I was able to use it.

Don't know if this method will work again, but I will definitely be trying it first.

Reactions: B. Diddy