Corporate Sync Push & Battery Life

eleven28

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I may have figured out a battery problem that might be plaguing a lot of new Bionic users that use Corporate Sync- couldn't find any other specific threads about this.

For the past several days, I've been trying to figure out why my new Bionic has only been lasting 3-4 hours on extremely light use. It gets pretty warm/hot several times throughout the day. I've done about 3 factory data wipes, all with the same result. VZW also exchanged my handset for a new one after they tried switching out a new battery.

-The area I live in has strong LTE.
-I have not rooted or installed apps outside of the Market. (After one factory wipe, I just added my Gmail & Corporate Sync account).
-I noticed the upload/download arrows were lit up more frequently than usual compared to my previous Droid X.

After going through the settings to see what could be causing the problem, I unchecked the Data push option for my corporate sync account (I know- very counter intuitive for saving battery life), and now the battery has lasted 10 hours so far without getting too hot.

I'm assuming there's still some kinks to work out with Corporate Sync and the Bionic. It worked flawlessly on my Droid X though. I'm wondering if anyone else had the same issue or perhaps the Exchange server at my work hated my Bionic.