Corrupt File System/MicroSD Card?

aolbites

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have an S3, just got it two weeks ago and have had a few unprompted restarts, but aside from that somewhat smooth sailing. My problem happens when I try and sync music to my SanDisk 64GB Micro SDXC card. Initially I tried Easy Phone Sync, then I moved to iSyncr. Both have similar problems. Basically the music will copy over fine, I will be able to play the music, but then if the phone is shut off or the phone thinks the Card has become unmounted the file system will read as blank. I've had some luck with unmounting the SD card, clearing the data from the Google Media Storage app and then remounting the card. However, frequently I'll have this happen in the middle of listening to a song or a podcast. I've literally been listening to a podcast, had it cut off 20 minutes in and then nothing. I go to try and play it again, it hits the same point and then skips to the next one, then the next, then the next, all saying "unable to read this format" or something similar. I go to the file manager and the SD card shows no files at all, no Lost.dir, nothing. I plug it into a computer and nothing shows, no directory structure or anything.

It's incredibly frustrating and it's hard to tell if it's the phone that's damaging the file system or just a bad card. It was bought and shipped from Amazon so I trust it's legit. I just need to know if it sounds like a bad card, or possibly some other issue that I haven't figured out yet.

Thanks for your help.

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
While the S3 can use a 64gb card, Samsung rates 32gb as the biggest you should go. I started with a 32gb class 4, moved to a 64gb class 10 (had the same issues you described), and have now moved back to a 32gb class 10. (All were San disk SD cards, but the class 4 was just to slow.) Since I switched back to a 32gb card, i haven't had a single issue.

aolbites

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
craappp...I was afraid of that. Don't they say that it's compatible up to 64? Or is that only SDHC not SDXC? (dang and I got a really good deal on the 64)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shooli