costco deal

Aaron C#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
For those who have not bought yet or are in the return period, costco has the 32gig version along with the Acer case ($40 at staples) and an hdmi cable for only $30 more ($479) than the 16 gig at most stores. I ended up returning my 16gig to best buys and runnng across the street and geting the costco version.....then on to staples to return the Acer case. All told, I saved $20 and got 16 more gig and a hdmi cable!!!!! Even got them to waive the restock fee since I used the wrapper from the new one and swapped the USB and AC cables so most parts were unopened in the return unit. :)

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I still went with the 16 gig from Best Buy but that's okay because I used giftcards to pa for more than half. My relatives and in laws tend to buy me Best Buy gift cards if they can't think of anything else. That is a great deal you got though and I'm glad you told others.

bimgike75

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that this does have both the HDMI cable and the case? I saw someone walking out of Costco today with it, except it was just a sealed Acer box, no separate box for the case or package for the cable.

woodylee

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that this does have both the HDMI cable and the case? I saw someone walking out of Costco today with it, except it was just a sealed Acer box, no separate box for the case or package for the cable.

Yes, I got one at costco yesterday. Both the case and the cable are in the sealed box.

Aaron C#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Absolutely.
I actually didnt notice for 2 days that the hdmi cable was in there. I pulled out the ac but left the usb and hdmi in the box...didnt see the hdmi till i was needing to sync at home...out it popped...

This is the way HDMI out should always work...straight mirror of what is on the device. Very very nice.

camgen

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just bought one today from Costco, 32gb, a case and hdmi cable all in one package. Costco also has a 90 days return policy and on top of the 1 year warranty from the manufacturer, Costco will add another year for a total of two years warranty. Can't beat that!!!

Aaron C#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I just bought one today from Costco, 32gb, a case and hdmi cable all in one package. Costco also has a 90 days return policy and on top of the 1 year warranty from the manufacturer, Costco will add another year for a total of two years warranty. Can't beat that!!!

Even better when you buy with Amex, add 1 more year to the warranty.....
1 year manufacure
2nd year covered by Costco
3rd year covered by Amex.

Had an amex claim at 18 months with a netbook I bought 2.5 years ago. I submitted the claim, (dead sys board) and they credited me the $346 within a week. Very nice service!

itstheAtomBomb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I purchased one as well from Costco, however mine did not have an HDMI cord included? I am going to need to return the tablet to hopefully get one that has the cord included. Mine did have the Acer cover though

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Got one today to play with. Case + hdmi + usb all included in the box of the 32gb tablet. After trying out the Xoom and returning it within a week, I was pretty sure I was not going to like it. But after a few hours, I'm not so sure anymore. Some drawbacks I see, but most are related to Honeycomb and not the tablet. May have to hang on to this one longer and see what new comes out in the next few months. Sure do like that 90 day return policy of Costco's as well as the extended warranty! Hard deal to beat at $479.

Aaron C#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Heads up....
Costco dropped the price on the 32gig unit by $50 to $429.99.
I went by to get my $50 since there is a 90 day return policy, and had to jump through lots of hoops....
Since I was over 30 days (the time they can return to the manufacturer) I had to go and BUY a whole new unit, take it over to the return desk and return it on my original receipt. The guy at the counter was apologetic that I had to do it that way, but it was a WIN for me....got my $50 back and I reset my 90 day return window and 3 year warranty (2 year costco, 1 year AMEX)
:)

Reactions: itstheAtomBomb

Charlesleonard

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Heads up....
I went by to get my $50 since there is a 90 day return policy, and had to jump through lots of hoops....
Since I was over 30 days (the time they can return to the manufacturer) I had to go and BUY a whole new unit, take it over to the return desk and return it on my original receipt. The guy at the counter was apologetic that I had to do it that way, but it was a WIN for me....got my $50 back and I reset my 90 day return window and 3 year warranty (2 year costco, 1 year AMEX)

WOW! $50 for an extra 10 minutes of effort, I would do that. Thanks for the heads up on the price reduction.

JetskiMark

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Heads up....

Thank you for the heads up. I bought mine 25 days ago.

Just got $50 bucks back! Thanks!

Were you able to just bring in the receipt and get the price match?

itstheAtomBomb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the heads up. I bought mine 25 days ago.

Were you able to just bring in the receipt and get the price match?

Yeah, just make sure you bring the original receipt, they were trying to refuse me because I brought in a copy (they fade after a couple of months in a folder, so I make a copy and forgot to grab the original...) They at least try a little to keep customer satifaction above poor, so they hooked a 22 year customer up. Lol

JetskiMark

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my fifty dollars plus tax back today, no problem.

Thank you again for the info.

I first went to the returns area with my girlfriend. (Who was returning something.) I had to go to the cage area where they keep the electronics locked up and they processed my price match there. It didn't last long though; I spent more than I received before making it out the door. I resisted on buying a second A500 however. (I'm holding out for an A100.)

john1park

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, I received my $50 credit today. I was a few days over the 30 days, but they made the adjustment anyway so I did not have to go through the hassle of a return.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles