Could the Pixel 3XL even offer anything that would make you wanna trade your Note 9 for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, All,

I was just thinking. I came from a Google Pixel 2XL and it was great at first, but after a while, it felt bland and boring.

I'm absolutely loving my Note 9, but I was curious if there woul be at part of the Pixel 3XL that would make you even think about trading?

Also, do you think there would even be a good trade in value (promo, or otherwise) for an Unlocked 512GB Note 9 at Best Buy or Verizon?

Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm waiting for my note9 to arrive , I think its going to be the most complete phone you can buy.
I have my pixel 2 xl...still a strong performer

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Camera and instant updates, but not enough with that horrible design and lack of RAM. I was Pixel 3 XL camp for the longest time until I saw how stupid it looked, prior to that I didn't even consider the note 9.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
It would be a huge downgrade coming from a N9. It will have a good camera but that's it. Pixels are just mid range phones priced at a flagship price.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I doubt the camera will be any better. Maybe the software but you can download Google camera software. The pixel line is hideous. No way. And stock is boring.

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I traded my 2XL for this note 9 and i have to say there a little part of me that misses the Pixel. Google made a great phone and I had some of the best photos I've ever taken. but this phone beats it hands down for entertainment. the expandable memory, the better ram, the S pen. and for me, even though it's a simple thing, the facial unlock. I always wished my pixel had that. my phone spends a lot of time on a desk and who has time to, you know, lift it?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be alone in this that Stock and Camera doesn't give you the right to charge "iPhone" like prices.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I have always been curious about the pixel, and while I love timely updates. There is nothing that is appealing to me about the pixel phones. I especially hate the way they look. They are always a year or 2 behind on phone design. I actually like the notch on the x all it did was take uses some of the wasted space for the notification bar. When you watch something in full screen you don't even see the notch.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
The Pixel xl build quality was Auful!.. looks and feels cheap!..I purchased the note 9 and I am loving it! Great quality Great phone!

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I fell for the Pixel 2 XL hype thanks to a couple of my favorite YT tech gurus. The camera has always been the most important aspect of a smartphone, for me. Quickly found out I wasn't a "stock Android" type of gal, so much so that I let the camera consideration slip to 2nd place. Handed it off to my husband since he's not the phone freak I am...he didn't like it either. OK, he'll get used to it. He didn't. Sent it back to Verizon this week, gave my husband the S9+ (which is what he wanted all along) and I got the Note. So NO, I'm not in the least bit tempted to consider the Pixel 3 XL no matter what MKBHD tells me! We like our "Samsung Experience" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confteam