Couldnot turn wi-fi on. now phone keeps re-starting am told android system needs CD card for storage

stage_door

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
Earlier today I tried to copy my photographs from my Android phone to my new SSD wireless drive with the help of The Cloud app. Some were copied but by no means all of them. I changed nothing except that sometimes my phone was connected to two networks at the same time, my BT home network and my wireless SSD network. Then for a while I was unable to switch on wi-fi. I tried re-starting my phone a few times, to no avail. Now when re-starting my phone I get the message that the SanDisk SD card is missing and the Android System App needs it for storage. Please re-insert it. I have not removed it. The phone then re-starts itself. I now find myself in this Catch 22 situation where the phone is just going round and round in circles when it is turned on. i have a Vodafone Smart N8. Help please!!!. stage_door.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I changed nothing except that sometimes my phone was connected to two networks at the same time, my BT home network and my wireless SSD network.
Was it? Or was the wireless SSD connected to the BT router (or is it still called a 'hub')? (You can't connect an Android device to 2 wifi networks at the same time.)

Then for a while I was unable to switch on wi-fi. I tried re-starting my phone a few times, to no avail. Now when re-starting my phone I get the message that the SanDisk SD card is missing and the Android System App needs it for storage.
Did you install the SD card as 'internal storage'? Or did you move any apps to it? If yes to either one, it has to be in the phone and working, which is why it's a bad idea to do either - if the card goes bad, the phone stops working.

I now find myself in this Catch 22 situation where the phone is just going round and round in circles when it is turned on.
Turn the phone off. Remove the card. Reinsert it. If that doesn't fix it, if the card went bad, and there's no way for you to determine that if it's set as internal storage, the phone has to be factory reset.

stage_door

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
Hi Rukbat,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I have not replied sooner but I did not pick up your email until today. Phone now found that a CD card was installed but said it had to be formatted before it could be used but it would forget all that was on it. Asked me if I wished to proceed. I said yes. It completed the process and said it was unable to use the memory card (which when I first installed it I had chosen to use as internal storage). I then removed the card. I now find the phone very slow, no wi-fi networks available and it does not recognise my fingerprint ( it is a Vodafone Smart N8). I suppose that as you advise I need to do a factory reset. I am a novice with a smart phone. This is my first. How do I do a factory reset and then how do I set up my Google account and Gmail account on my phone? How do I retain my current phone number?

All you help is appreciated.

Stage_door.

stage_door

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
Hi Rukbat,

I’ve been looking at the manual for my phone and, when looking at the settings on my phone I find that I had set it up to back up my data and that it will be restored the first time I log into my Google account on a new phone. Does this mean that if I do a factory reset on my current phone and then log into my Google account it will restore most of the things I have set up in my phone? Am I also correct in thinking that my phone number is within my SIM card so that will not be a problem either?

Thanks for your help.

stage_door

stage_door

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
Hi again. More advice needed please.
I have bought a new SD card (the 32 GB one Vodafone recommend) and I should receive it later today. I shall do a factory reset and log in to my Google account in Chrome to restore my data. At what stage of this process should I put the SD card into my Vodafone Smart N8 and should I set it up as internal storage or what? Any advice would be most welcome as it will help me avoid messing things up.

Thanks,
stage_door

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrewbline