Cover screen issue

Silverwolf007

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
Hey everyone. I've had my flip 5 since it's release and have had zero issues, till a few days ago. When I try and reply to someone on the cover screen, the keyboard response area has totally changed. It looks totally different than it used to, and it just seems bugged or just completely wrong. It looks the way it should when the phone is open and replying tho. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like, and hope someone can lead me in the right direction. Thank you!

1000004959.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone. I've had my flip 5 since it's release and have had zero issues, till a few days ago. When I try and reply to someone on the cover screen, the keyboard response area has totally changed. It looks totally different than it used to, and it just seems bugged or just completely wrong. It looks the way it should when the phone is open and replying tho. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like, and hope someone can lead me in the right direction. Thank you!

View attachment 359627
I see you posted in Fold 5 forum , you want me to put this in the Flip 5?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I use Gboard myself, but I am pretty sure that when the phone is closed, the default keyboard for the cover screen is Samsung. I don't think that can be changed, although I have never tried.

Silverwolf007

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
I use Gboard myself, but I am pretty sure that when the phone is closed, the default keyboard for the cover screen is Samsung. I don't think that can be changed, although I have never tried.
Well when I change the default keyboard back to Samsung, the cover screen keyboard/texting issue is solved. I know, problem solved, just use Samsung keyboard. I'm just curious why Gboard is all whacked out on the cover screen.

Like I said before I had the flip5 since launch and used gboard since launch with zero issues. Then a month ago it turned into that weird white text box whatever.

Reactions: AndroidFanboy8

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Well when I change the default keyboard back to Samsung, the cover screen keyboard/texting issue is solved. I know, problem solved, just use Samsung keyboard. I'm just curious why Gboard is all whacked out on the cover screen.

Like I said before I had the flip5 since launch and used gboard since launch with zero issues. Then a month ago it turned into that weird white text box whatever.
Yeah there's been a keyboard update though as well maybe that's causing it!