Cow-Pie seems to be having more issues than ever.... shouldn't things be getting better?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It seems like Cow-Pie is having more problems than any of it's predecessors..... I thought things were supposed to get better with time and experience?
I think Google is doing it wrong :-D ;-)

I purposely haven't even opened up my new pixel yet, because I don't want to start using it until they get Android 9 working better. I'm happily sticking with my trusty MXPE running nougat.

I know I could just run the pixel on Oreo, but I only want to do the setup, updating and factory resetting once, and I want to do that on Cow-Pie ;-)

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I actually haven't read many operational issues with P. It actually seems like fewer issues to me. The only one that jumps out seems to be battery life. The experience there seems to be wildly different between users.

Most of the complaints I've read in the threads seems to fall into either something app specific (developer needs to update) or personal preferences.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That's what I was getting at. My battery life has been pretty good, definitely not worse than Oreo. I've run into a couple apps that didn't display properly, but that's on the app developer for not updating.

Different user configurations are going to handle the update in different ways.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for giving me some very good points to ponder guys ;-) I've been reading about a lot of different issues here and other places......pie seems to have built up a bit of negativity among many folks, enough that some are opting not to upgrade, or are downgrading after trying it. It just doesn't seem like it's being as well received as other versions.

You do make good points though, an upgrades only as good as the device/system setup/apps etc it's installed into. I tend to run a very clean, tight ship on my phone's, with little to no 3rd party apps. I personally had no issues upgrading to marshmallow, then nougat.... on the same phone. And I didn't factory reset after nougat either.

I will keep your points in mind..... thanks again :)

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I see this LITERALLY on every version of Android release. The Android Release Cycle:
Upon release: Hey, this isn't as big an upgrade as it should be.
Shortly after release: I keep reading all these bad things. NOBODY wants to upgrade. This may be the worst most buggy release of Android ever.
Mid-Release: Hey, Google has fixed most of the problems.
Prior to new version: This version is SOOOO good, I don't want to upgrade.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Also keep in mind that there are only so many topics to discuss when it comes to positive aspects... The features have already been talked to death and everything has been picked over. There's not much expected behavior left to cover.

But UNexpected behavior like bugs, busted apps, features still being developed, etc. See, that is always fresh. And it makes for good headlines.

phelme

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
well, in my case on a Sony Xperia XZ2, Pie did manage to bork the radios; they just reset themselves constantly. In Safe Mode too so no app involvement.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Well I went ahead and broke out the new pixel and upgraded from 7.1.1 I believe to 8.0 then to Pie, then did a factory reset and put it into action. I haven't had a single issue, it's been perfect.... battery that never quits, best Bluetooth I've ever used, and one fast good looking ui.
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm glad I listened and parked my MXPE and put the pixel into action.
Awesome phone, and Pie is working perfectly so far through the September and October updates. I actually really like the Treble dual partition seamless updates.... best auto-updating device I've ever used ;-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
above30phoneguy