Cracked Glass V10

A

AC Question

How much is the V10 Glass replacement kit ? It is cracked on top but works fine it just needs a new glass. Can you be of help
Ken Douglas
[personal info removed by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Most people will have to change the digitizer too. From Amazon:
This is not an easy job for someone who has no experience at all.

You'll need to replace the digitizer. $147 on Amazon, less on Ebay last time I checked. Search for: LCD display Digitizer touch screen Assembly

A repair shop with skilled techs will use only the glass and may charge less than $147.

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
man I just noticed a hairline crack at the top of my V10 and this is under my tempered glass screen protector which is fine!

Its only even noticeable when i look down at the from at a steep angle but of course now i know its there and it bothers me
:(

Local repair shops want $150 to fix which is too much for me.
So now i am torn.. Not sure if i should

1. Buy another used V10
2. Buy a V20 (but then i lose my wireless charging)
3. Just live with it until maybe the V30 comes out.

What would you guys do?

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Option 3. Wait for the V30 to come out very soon. Why waste your money with another V10 which is soon to be 2 generations behind and you never know if your used replacement is one that is prone to bootlooping? Also if you don't want the expense of the V30 the V20 should be significantly lower in price after the V30 is released.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I just cracked my V10 after almost 2 years.
I had just added the Verizon Total Protection.
The V10 is too expensive to repair so they do total replacement.
Unfortunately the V10 is out of production and general inventory so they had to replace with V20.
I had a $149 fee and had the insurance about 3 months so it cost me less than $200 to upgrade from V10 to V20.
I can still sell or trade for V30 or G Note 8 if I desire this fall.

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I had a cracked screen on my V10. Picked up a bootlooped V10 on eBay with great working parts for like 50. So I replaced the screen with that. Also look for black listed V10s with parts in good condition...

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I had a cracked screen on my V10. Picked up a bootlooped V10 on eBay with great working parts for like 50. So I replaced the screen with that. Also look for black listed V10s with parts in good condition...

did you just swap out the motherboard from the working phone? or was there more involved?

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
did you just swap out the motherboard from the working phone? or was there more involved?
I kept my original motherboard since IMEI is on that, and just swapped the screen assembly housing from the bootlooped phone. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube that I followed as guides to swap. It's very easy to do, just takes some time and dedication. I suggest watching some of the videos first on replacing the screen assembly housing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582