Question Cracked Google Pixel6a Screen; Need Data off of phone

drewsop

Apr 29, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

I recently broke the screen of my Google Pixel 6a, and it's entirely black. I did get a new phone already, and for some reason i'm silly and forgot my pin while attempting to restore the Google backup causing them to delete it. I do still have the old phone, and it seems to be functional besides the screen not working. I just purchased an HDMI -> USB-C adapter, and upon plugging it into my monitor and phone nothing is being recognized. My ultimate goal is to somehow see my Google Pixel 6a screen through my computer, and thus figure out my pin with a USB Hub and mouse connected. The old phone is currently on, but it seems that the phone won't re-backup the data unless I have it unlocked. Anyone have any advice on how I can mirror the screen of my broken phone so I can get into it? Really don't want to have to pay $170 just to get the screen fixed.

Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm afraid the Pixel 6a doesn't support video output from the USB-C port. It would have to be via Chromecast, which you obviously can't take advantage of if you can't even unlock the screen. Sorry!

Reactions: Laura Knotek

drewsop

Apr 29, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm afraid the Pixel 6a doesn't support video output from the USB-C port. It would have to be via Chromecast, which you obviously can't take advantage of if you can't even unlock the screen. Sorry!
Hi, and thank you for your response!

That's truly a bummer. Unfortunate that Google Pixel screens cost an arm and a leg for repair. May just have to give up on my backup! Thankfully nothing too important, mostly convenience. Much appreciated.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EricMcM