Cracked screen-am I the first?

DonkeyMcdonkerton

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I thought these gorilla glass phones were supposed to be the sht. I had my OG Droid since day one, with no problems at all.....my Bionic, a week old now has a cracked screen!

DOH!!!

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Anything can break. That is why I always carry a SquareTrade warranty on my phones because they will cover accidental damage. Well worth it.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I carry a warranty until one of the other lines on the plan gets an upgrade.

Also, is it safe to assume the bigger screens crack easier?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I thought these gorilla glass phones were supposed to be the sht. I had my OG Droid since day one, with no problems at all.....my Bionic, a week old now has a cracked screen!

DOH!!!

Good god, we've been through this with every new phone in the last year.

Just because it's gorilla glass doesn't mean it won't crack or break. It's still glass, and it will still break. It is more resistant to scratches, and that's about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Just because it's gorilla glass doesn't mean it won't crack or break. It's still glass, and it will still break. It is more resistant to scratches, and that's about it

Exactly. Scratch resistant not scratch proof.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Just because it's gorilla glass doesn't mean it won't crack or break. It's still glass, and it will still break. It is more resistant to scratches, and that's about it.

Not mine. I have had an OG droid and Droid X for as long as 9 months per phone and NEVER got a scratch on any of them. Less than a week in and I already have a small 1/2" scratch on my screen.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Not mine. I have had an OG droid and Droid X for as long as 9 months per phone and NEVER got a scratch on any of them. Less than a week in and I already have a small 1/2" scratch on my screen.

Read my post again. Gorilla glass will scratch like anything else out there. It is scratch RESISTANT and not scratch proof. Nowhere in any of the marketing materials ever created for any phone with gorilla glass does it say the screen is scratch proof.

Come on people, use common sense. It's still glass and glass, no matter the form, WILL scratch and WILL crack.

DonkeyMcdonkerton

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, are you mad at me? The screen just isnt as solid as the OG droid....and yes it has something to do with it being bigger.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, are you mad at me? The screen just isnt as solid as the OG droid....and yes it has something to do with it being bigger.

No. It's just irritating when people post the same misconceptions about gorilla glass over and over and over again.

(and no, the screen size doesn't have much to do with it, nor does the thickness of the glass)

jmullinsiu

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
does insurance cover accidental damage like if you dropped it in the toilet?

Depends what insurance you get. There were three tiers from what I was told. The first one just extends manufacturers warranty. I can't remember the middle one, but then the last one is the end all be all plan everything everything. It's like 6.99 a month.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

DonkeyMcdonkerton

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
love the phone, but it's WEAK!
Anyway, I got my phone replaced, put an otterbox on and now I see my camera lens is cracked.I've had this new phone for less than a week, never dropped, sat on, or mishandled.....wtf.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid 1 and Droid X1.

Both have scratches, the DX1 is scratched up more and has a crack in the screen due to a clumsy girlfriend...lol. Gorilla Glass is not indestructible.

It took over a year of abuse for both phones tho, with the DX1 being more abused in the past 6 months. Still, Gorilla Glass is not indestructible.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao