Cracked screen Nexus 6P

Markisss88

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know who would be able to fix a cracked screen ? Bought the phone 5 days ago and cracked the screen on it - unfortunately I did not have insurance on the phone. I have reached out to Huawei multiple times for the past 2 weeks and they have not gotten back to me regarding repair.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
did you use your credit card, cause most companies have accident protection for the first few days (another reason I use my card for everything).

did you get it directly from Huawei? from what I've heard, their customer service has been horrific. that said, I'm not sure if they repair broken displays. Also, I'm not aware of any 3rd party vendors, like the ones at the kiosks in most malls, that replace it since it's known to be a difficult display to fix. It'll also be kinda expensive to.

I'd definitely check my local repair places though. I'd also try calling Google, and let them know Huawei hasn't responded.

Good luck.

Last edited:

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
There are some threads over on XDA about folks with no insurance getting the screen replaced, but it was not cheap. On the order for $250-300, IIRC.

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know who would be able to fix a cracked screen ? Bought the phone 5 days ago and cracked the screen on it - unfortunately I did not have insurance on the phone. I have reached out to Huawei multiple times for the past 2 weeks and they have not gotten back to me regarding repair.

If you purchased the phone only 5 days ago, why have you been reaching out to Huawei for the past 2 weeks?? Not insinuating anything, just wondering if you typed it incorrectly.

GC

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If you purchased the phone only 5 days ago, why have you been reaching out to Huawei for the past 2 weeks?? Not insinuating anything, just wondering if you typed it incorrectly.

GC

I'm sure he just got it reversed. bought it 2 weeks ago, contacted them 5 days ago ... and I know you're not trying to be a jerk, I'm not trying to be one either, but dude just cracked his display on a brand new $500 phone. If you're gonna point out the misstep, at least offer some advice with the screen.

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
He got the advice from the above posts. no 3rd party repair vendors, and check out the credit card. No need to repeat. I posted it so he would be aware of the mistake. There was no "jerk" component to my message, but if it came across that way I do indeed apologize. Certainly not meant that way.

GC

cane prevost1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Huawei has indicated that they aren't doing out of warranty repairs for screens although I've heard of cases where they've actually repaired some for free. It seems it may depend on who you get when you call. The screen repair parts are now available on eBay but the repair procedure looks really difficult. Good luck.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Bear in mind that this phone had to be completely disassembled in order to replace the screen and the process will probably result in cracking the back glass. I'm not a huge fan of insurance on phones because it's largely a waste, but considering the difficulty of repair, it might be something to think about if you're prone to device drops.

I'm not sure if there is another device on that market as complicated to repair as this thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malit