Question Crazy audio

BloodRedz

Nov 21, 2023
Visit site
Recently (last two days) a strange audio starts playing when when I try to play games on my phone. It's not the background music for the games. And when I go to my home screen it's still playing. It will only stop after I clear the game from recent apps. I am baffled on what is going on. Not really tech savvy but I even went thru phones apps to see if something is not supposed to be there, haven't downloaded anything new in over a week. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did download xrecoder to capture video of it today if that is needed.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I experienced this too just yesterday. It was one specific game for me, Bricks breaker Puzzle by Mobirix. After wrestling with it for a while I went on and played some other game but only that one caused the issue. Later I was able to play the game without the added audio. I tried clearing the game's cache, closing and force stopping the game but every time I opened it and began to play the audio returned and as you described would then not stop until the game was cleared form the background apps. Since it only happened to me with that one game I thought nothing of it and assumed it was just that game.

What game was it for you?

I have an S23U, what device do you have?

How long ago was this for you, and have you tried to go back to the game since then?

If you have a Samsung, are you using their Game Launcher app? I am not, but it is a popular feature.

BloodRedz

Nov 21, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The next time that happens, bring up your App Overview/Recent Apps, and see if there are any apps open that might be responsible (like a particular browser tab that might be playing an ad).
Had everything else closed in recent apps thinking the same thing. Even went in and closed all open tabs in chrome.

BloodRedz

Nov 21, 2023
Visit site
I experienced this too just yesterday. It was one specific game for me, Bricks breaker Puzzle by Mobirix. After wrestling with it for a while I went on and played some other game but only that one caused the issue. Later I was able to play the game without the added audio. I tried clearing the game's cache, closing and force stopping the game but every time I opened it and began to play the audio returned and as you described would then not stop until the game was cleared form the background apps. Since it only happened to me with that one game I thought nothing of it and assumed it was just that game.

What game was it for you?

I have an S23U, what device do you have?

How long ago was this for you, and have you tried to go back to the game since then?

If you have a Samsung, are you using their Game Launcher app? I am not, but it is a popular feature.
Idle Breaker - Loot and Survive by Estoty Vlinius UAB and Merge Survival
Merge Survival; Wasteland by Stickyhand
Samsung galaxy note8

BloodRedz

Nov 21, 2023
Visit site
Since this issue has just started happening a couple of days ago, assuming things were just fine previously have tried just restarting your phone? A reboot often clears up a lot of one-off glitches that occasionally occur.
Every day. And tried that too and still having issue. Now it's not everytime I play

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok so this just happened to me again last night. Same game as before and so far the only one, but I have far more games than I play regularly. Anyway, when it happened last night, I kind of glitched it and it started but it stopped after the first attempt to close and reopen the app. I had just failed a level and the do you want to continue came up with another option to watch an ad for some bonus gems. Like many people I'm sure I usually opt not to watch the ad but while the screen was up I shifted in my seat which caused the phone to auto rotate to landscape and back. The sound appeared to be from the ad that played when I did this so it is coming from the app for sure and was related to the ad that played. I noticed a couple of things. The music played on a loop after the ad had finished and it didn't matter that I had other audio playing, YouTube in PIP, which is unusual since the device almost always pauses whichever is selected last. I will sometimes allow the ad to play and just restart my YT video so I don't have to listen to the monotony of game music but they played together. What does this mean? That's rhetorical, if we had the answer we wouldn't be talking about now. I'm just saying it feels like the ad engine is broken. So while we may not be playing the same game or even one by the same developer many of these games use similar or the same ad engine. So if there was something up with the ad engine that would explain why I don't see it in other games, and why you and I see it in different games. It would also explain the timing, with us both seeing it within the past few days, if the ad engine updated recently. While we could contact our respective developers, it's a free game meant to drive revenue by delivering ads, I just don't see us getting favorable responses complaining about ads, if we got any response. I mean feel free to try, by all means be yourself. As far as I'm concerned, my issue goes away so I'm not going to worry too much about it. In a few days to a week the ads will change and perhaps when that happens the issue will resolve itself.

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh I understand completely. My hate for ads still hasn't outweighed my desire to save money and be entertained. A free game is a free game. Now I draw the line at games that play ads after each life, each level and when you open or close the app. Yeah, no, I'm not subjecting myself to any of that. This particular game I'm talking about allows me to play YouTube over the ad. So it plays in the background while I stream a YT channel. It also only plays them when I want extra gem or if I change game types within the game. I can fail a dozen times and not see one ad unless I want to for in game bonus items (gems). The rest of the time they are at the bottom of the screen.

Reactions: J Dubbs