Curse you, QuickCircle case...

zhris

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
...you and your unrealized potential. You support Music, but not Google Play. Messaging, but not Hangouts. And the sole non-LG supported app I can find is some Puppy bubble popping game. You had one of the coolest phone innovations in recent memory, and do next to nothing with it.

Why, LG.... why?

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
My one comment would be that I wish "settings" didn't consume one of the 6 allowed apps. I wish perhaps the settings could just be if case is opened on app circle or even if it was in middle with 6 spots around it. I just found a cool magnifying glass app and now I have to let go of one of the 6 circle apps I use all the time.

Posted via the Android Central App

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
My one comment would be that I wish "settings" didn't consume one of the 6 allowed apps. I wish perhaps the settings could just be if case is opened on app circle or even if it was in middle with 6 spots around it. I just found a cool magnifying glass app and now I have to let go of one of the 6 circle apps I use all the time.

Yeah I agree it drives me crazy too.

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Quick circle apps is good but it does crash a lot, especially with regards to notifications. Still a better option than what LG provided as stock.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the quick circle apps installed so maybe that option is taken away... The check box is grayed out so not accessible.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
... The check box is grayed out so not accessible....
It worked for me. Opened the newly installed Quick Apps Hit "select apps".. Unclicked the checkmark on the Settings icon and checked other icons I wanted (Quick torch, Quick calculator, etc.). Hit Save . A message popped up that I had to restart the phone. Did that and the settings icon was gone from the Quick Circle.
EDIT: in previous thread I said Quick Circle Apps, and that is the name of the app as it appears on Google Play Store, but in my phone it is labeled Quick Apps with the icon a blue circle with six ( : : : ) square dots.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Here is my screen shot. I can't uncheck the lighter grey box beside settings. 2476.jpg

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
There's been a couple nice updates to the quick circle app lately... Can now access all quick circle compatible apps through the app icon.