Custom battery icon on Hero

Jay from South

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to change the battery icon on my Hero so that it has the percentage remaining displayed. This has been done for the Incredible by Jercik/Squintz and looks like this:

snap20100803_230402.jpg

I am familiar with pushing/pulling/modifying .apk files so I tried to get the file posted on here in post #26 to work on my Hero.

I first attempted to do a direct replacement of the framework-res.apk, but that failed. So I then opened up the new framework-res.apk, extracted the battery image files and replaced the ones in my original framework-res.apk file. This worked, but I quickly found out that, by default, the hero only supports showing the battery status in increments of 20%. However, I really want to display the battery status in increments of 1%.

I was able to gather that in order to do this I need to modify the file "stat_sys_battery.xml" so I tried to replace this file on my original framework-res.apk with the new one provided in the package I linked to above, but this did not work.

So, I have concluded that I need to generate/modify my own .xml file somehow. The problem is that I have no clue how to deal with these .xml files.

If someone would be kind enough to show me how to edit/create .xml files for this purpose, I would greatly appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796