Custom OS on a Samsung Neo 5.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I try to factory reset the phone with the buttons because I cannot remember my pattern to get into my phone to get to the settings to do it that way it takes me 2 a screen that says warning a custom os can cause Critical problems in phone and installed applications if you want to download a custom OS press the volume up key otherwise press the volume down key to cancel What do I do to fix this

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! See this: What to do if you forget your phone's PIN/password/pattern - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Are you following these steps to get to the Recovery Menu? What to do if you forget your phone's PIN/password/pattern - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. If you can get there, then select Wipe Data/Factory Reset there. The phone will likely still ask you for the Google account/password that was associated with the phone (Factory Reset Protection) -- hopefully you remember that (assuming this has always been your phone to begin with).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When I try to factory reset the phone with the buttons because I cannot remember my pattern to get into my phone to get to the settings to do it that way it takes me 2 a screen that says warning a custom os can cause Critical problems in phone and installed applications if you want to download a custom OS press the volume up key otherwise press the volume down key to cancel What do I do to fix this
Press volume down key to exit then restart the phone but before it turns back on use power button/volume up sane time to get into recovery instead of download mode

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38