Custom Ringtones

treedogmama

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I hope I am posting in the right place, I found this site searching for a solution and hoped you all could help.

I just bought an S5 on black Friday and I am going through and personalizing contacts. I made a couple ring tones via apps and assigned them. Unfortunately they only work inside the apps. When someone calls that has a ringtone I made, my phone just clicks. Like a dial up click. At first I thought it was the app I was using so I tried a well reviewed one and and same thing. Any ideas?

black_thorne

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried using just the regular ring tone option in the contacts settings? If you go into contacts and choose a person, then choose the little pencil icon at the top right, then choose ring tone, then add.

You can also go into your music and choose a song and set it as a ring tone. If one of those works, then its probably an app not working correctly.

treedogmama

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
It is only for ringtones I make. Anything else works fine. I have tried several different apps from different companies with the same results. I have tried adding them to a contact via app as well as the edit contact option, no go on either. If I want to set it to a ringtone I downloaded or a factory installed, then it works fine. It doesn't even play the ringtones I make when I am previewing choices in the setting option.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I sometimes use Zedge for ringtones. I move the tones that I download from them to a ringtone tones folder on my sd card. Try that to see if that works for you.

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you try it with zedge? I've been using it for years and moving them to my SD card so I have them with the new phone I get, and it works perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tellu