CWM on EA28

swissguy591

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I just rerooted after installing the EA28 update. The rooting went fine but I can't get CWM to work. I'm only able to flash the cwm_froyo.tar file and it fails if i try any other file. We I try to load the update.zip file through recovery a trying with an exclamation point appears next to an android. What do I need to do to get this to work because all I wanna do is get supaclean on my phone :(

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I just rerooted after installing the EA28 update. The rooting went fine but I can't get CWM to work. I'm only able to flash the cwm_froyo.tar file and it fails if i try any other file. We I try to load the update.zip file through recovery a trying with an exclamation point appears next to an android. What do I need to do to get this to work because all I wanna do is get supaclean on my phone :(
Which button did you use to apply update.zip? if you used the power button, you will get that error message. Whe you are in blue cwm, you have to use the home button to apply update.zip. Once you are in red cwm you use the power button to make choices.

swissguy591

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Which button did you use to apply update.zip? if you used the power button, you will get that error message. Whe you are in blue cwm, you have to use the home button to apply update.zip. Once you are in red cwm you use the power button to make choices.

I was in blue cwm and I used the home button to apply update.zip and it still fails. I have a feeling it might be what kind of cwm file i flashed through odin, could that be it?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was in blue cwm and I used the home button to apply update.zip and it still fails. I have a feeling it might be what kind of cwm file i flashed through odin, could that be it?
When you choose update.zip, does the screen go black, a yellow progress bar starts across the bottom of the screen, then you get the droid character and the exclamation point inside a triangle and you are back at the same blue menu?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually, you use the Back button to make selections in red CWM Recovery. Search key takes you to previous menu.
Actually they both work in red cwm. I forgot about the back button.

EDIT*
I meant both the power button and back key work in red cwm to make a selection. And yes, I believe search key takes you to the previous menu, and the menu key takes you to the first red cwm menu.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you download the new update.zip to your sd card? If you are still using the update.zip you used with EA28, it will no longer work with DL30 or EB01. The new update.zip is here:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Plug your phone into your computer with the usb cable with the phone in debugging mode, mount the sd card, delete the update.zip that is currently on the base of your sd card, and download this new update.zip in it's place. Once you have done that you can also go into your clockwork folder, delete the recovery-update file there, download this same update.zip in it's place, rename it recovery-update. This will allow you to go into the new red cwm from rom manager (if you have it), or the volume up/volume down/power button press combo, or long press of the power button if you have that option in the power menu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals42