D-pad: r or l?

Should the D-pad be on the right or left?

• Total voters

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Neither... i think it should have been an overlay onscreen while the keyboard is in the extended postion.

Having the d-pad makes the keyboard seem just a tad awkward to use... since its offset from being centered on your hands.

FYI - I LOVE MY DROID :D:D:D:D

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i agree that i think they could have done without a d-pad of any kind. unless they are going to get into gaming more heavily, if then, i would like it on the left so it's more normal for gaming.

since it's here, i like it on the right so i can use my right thumb to control it. but i find myself 99% of the time just using the touch screen.

mightybrick

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It seems that it would be convenient in some situations to have the d-pad, such as moving the cursor around within a message to edit text. On my storm, it is awkward at times to try to move the cursor around to the correct spot within a group of text. It seems the d- pad would greatly simplify the task.

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
If they had to have it, just seems more standard on the left side. However, I agree with everyone, no need for a d-pad. If I want to scroll or move up/down/left/right, i'll touch the screen!

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Mightybrick, it has been helpful with getting to the specific spot in a block of text. It's helpful to select the spot on screen and then dpad over to the exact spot.

ant1pathy

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I like the dpad existing. It's far easier to move over one or two spaces with it, and is nice for accurate selection if you have a few links next to each other and you don't want to poke the wrong one.

I DON'T like it on the right hand side. Combined with the chin, it forces the right thumb to reach WAY far over to hit keys. With the flat keypad, it's an uncomfortable typing experience. If it was on the left, not only would handheld game emulation be easier, but it would balance the chin on the right and create a similar reach for both thumbs.

elemeno0pee

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
d-pad is pointless. i seriously don't get it. the keyboard could have been 10,000x better if they omitted it... oh well. i have tried to like the physical keyboard and it's just not happening for me. it's way too far to the left, and my right thumb has a hard time reaching certain keys that i use it for (like the H key). the d-pad really frustrates me more than anything, because there's no possible way it can be fixed with an update, lol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qqw999adsfdg