Dalvik to Cache

jeannieindigital

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Tried that one and it broke the Wifi. Have tried several and they all broke something else in the process & had to wipe the phone, reflash & start over. Hoping someone could find a method specifically for the V.

jeannieindigital

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Now that there seems to be more movement on development for the V, any dev's willing to take this on? There is a method over in the S forum but it does not seem to work on the V. Could have something to do with the differences in ramdisk between the two phones?

Any takers on this challenge? This would quite possibly free up 30-40MB of internal storage for us.

Gutterball

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I tried that back when I got the phone and it didn't stick. Also broke my wifi. Was hoping a dev would be able to develop a method specifically for the V.

I just tried that method and it worked perfectly gained about 80 mb of space!! Wifi is working fine. No issues that I see. Did you make sure to have a partitioned sd card before you tried this? That maybe why it didnt work right for you? If I notice any problems I'll let you know but so far so good!

Edit: Day 2 and I still have not had any issues. It works perfectly!!

Last edited:

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
well That's odd. My wifi is working just fine... As to my SD card, it's partitioned pretty normally as far as SD cards go. It had been formatted for apps2sd on my original Intercept, but my Optimus would never accept the card until I reformatted it with only one partition.

any more specific errors?

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any info as to whether or not this is even needed for a custom ROM such as RodimusROM or Xionia + Stock? Don't they already do this for us?

Gutterball

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any info as to whether or not this is even needed for a custom ROM such as RodimusROM or Xionia + Stock? Don't they already do this for us?

Im using the rodimus rom and yes it is needed but like I said make sure to partition your sd card with your recovery program cause otherwise I dont think it will work right I got 80 extra megabytes from doing this! Follow the instructions to a tee!

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So this would screw with my boot animation? I mean, granted it does freeze in mid animation, but it's better than the Virgin Mobile one or an incorrect one such as Sprint.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor