Dark Spots

Swaggar0ni

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
Hey
My girlfriend pre-ordered the Note9, base model, and today she noticed Dark Spots on the selfie camera only, and realized it's been doing it since she received the phone. Wondering if this has been discovered by anyone else, and you've found any sort of fix for it.

WT

Attachments

• Screenshot9520180907-14050395Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot9520180907-14050395Gallery.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 125

Swaggar0ni

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
thanks for trying to look into it, y'all. after chatting with Samsung, it seems to be a manufacturer defect from a piece of lint in between the camera lens and the device screen. 😭 and their warranty claims aren't being much help.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
thanks for trying to look into it, y'all. after chatting with Samsung, it seems to be a manufacturer defect from a piece of lint in between the camera lens and the device screen. ������ and their warranty claims aren't being much help.

If your within your returns period then have it swapped out.

For example I'm in the UK and we get 30 days from getting the phone to have it swapped out

After 30 days then it's a repair.

If a cooling off period is not relevant then May I ask how their warranty claims are not being of much help ?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
If you[']r[e] within your returns period then have it swapped out.
Yes. That's much better than warranty service because the warranty lets them substitute a refurbished phone. The initial exchange period entitles you to another new, unopened phone if the original one is defective, as yours clearly is.

Swaggar0ni

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
because my carrier, Xfinity, sends a refurbished device, and for 1k I'll be damned if it ain't brand new. and Samsung requires a send back and repair, which takes almost 2 weeks. lol this is their fault, and they need to just send a new one and I'll send this back when it arrives.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
because my carrier, Xfinity, sends a refurbished device, and for 1k I'll be damned if it ain't brand new. and Samsung requires a send back and repair, which takes almost 2 weeks. lol this is their fault, and they need to just send a new one and I'll send this back when it arrives.
Whoever you bought it from (carrier, Samsung, or anyone else) has an obligation to replace it with a new, unopened one if you return the defective one within the appropriate time. They should be able to send you the new one before you send back the old one, although they're entitled in that case to put a hold on your credit card in the amount of the new device, until they receive the old one from you.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
well, they aren't abiding by that and don't seem very obliged to do so.

Xfinity Mobile customer service can be quite a pain to deal with, been there done that. I would suggest you revisit the issue with them and be firm in requiring a new replacement for the faulty device. Bear in mind that their first level customer service reps have little authority to do anything. I’d suggest two things, one escalate the issue to their Teir 2 for resolution (that will take sometime) and two, sign on to their customer service support forums and post your issue. They have actual Xfinity reps that monitor that forum and can be of help at times. Lastly, with Xfinity you have 30 days to return a device (at least here in my area). You could call and get an RMA and just return it and get another after you’ve processed the return. Good luck

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
well, they aren't abiding by that and don't seem very obliged to do so.

Another case of Samsung's nightmare of a post sale customer service. Absolutely among the worst globally. If not the worst. I always have an Android and iOS phone and in the cases when I have a Samsung device I baby the phone unlike any other phone I have knowing God forbid I experience an issue I know it's going to be an absolute bloody nightmare. If you are within your return for refund period, return it for refund and repurchase if you are set on wanting the specific device. If they won't abide, send an email attaching a scan of your receipt showing you are within return period. Also attach details of your issue and demand a refund. If they refuse to oblige than go small claims and contact the BBB. If you that's an option depending on where you are. Samsung is a s#%t show, hope everything works out.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Another case of Samsung's nightmare of a post sale customer service. Absolutely among the worst globally. If not the worst. I always have an Android and iOS phone and in the cases when I have a Samsung device I baby the phone unlike any other phone I have knowing God forbid I experience an issue I know it's going to be an absolute bloody nightmare. If you are within your return for refund period, return it for refund and repurchase if you are set on wanting the specific device. If they won't abide, send an email attaching a scan of your receipt showing you are within return period. Also attach details of your issue and demand a refund. If they refuse to oblige than go small claims and contact the BBB. If you that's an option depending on where you are. Samsung is a s#%t show, hope everything works out.

Just saw you have a replacement coming. Hopefully it's brand new and you experience no issues - cheers.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Surely they dont already have stock of refurbished devices already??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novatian