dead pixel acceptable?

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
When my clock is on the side bar I can clearly see a dead pixel on the bottom of the phone above the home button.

For such an expensive phone this is a problem for me. Anyway to solve this or I have to now go though tmobile customer care for a replacement?

I only see the pixel when screen is black and clock is on side panel. It is anoying to think I paid a lot of money and I see this glowing dot.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have this issue? I actually thought dead pixels was a thing in the past and not with a 940.00 phone

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My Edge will be here in two days, so I can't check for dead pixels. Did you pay $940 for the phone? I though the T-Mobile version was $870 off contract. I checked my one-year-old Note 3 for dead pixels and screen burn-in from the video instructions below, and it had no dead pixels or screen burn-in. If you run the test below, and you have dead pixels, and it bothers you that much, then you should take the phone back.

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
You have 14 days...Personally if I notice a dead pixel, then back she goes

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge®

Last edited:

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
My Edge will be here in two days, so I can't check for dead pixels. Did you pay $940 for the phone? I though the T-Mobile version was $870 off contract. I checked my one-year-old Note 3 for dead pixels and screen burn-in from the video instructions below, and it had no dead pixels or screen burn-in. If you run the test below, and you have dead pixels, and it bothers you that much, then you should take the phone back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REj8WpT7Mqw

Yes that price was with tax and overnight ship.

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't goto store as I bought it online. Though common sense for better customer experience would allow stores handle exchanges etc.

At first the agent told me I have to send it back in under buyer remorse. After saying no, they are sending a replacement. AT FIRST I was sent to tech support but they don't even have ones to send out under warranty.

bandit1091

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I have the same issue when my night clock comes on of it comes on its finicky sometimes it will work so etudes not but more importantly my heart rate sensor isn't working it hasn't worked that we'll since I got the phone and I thought maybe I wasn't holding my finger on the sensor right but yesterday it stopped completely the red light will not light up on the back of the sensor I can't use it for taking selfies either anyone else had this problem? I love the phone though

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois