Dead (?) Pixels, Need Advice

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I've had my g6 since last May. A few weeks ago I started to notice a lighter spot on the display, between the keys c and v on gboard when the keyboard is up. I only notice it on lighter backgrounds, but it's definitely there.

Does it affect my phone's performance or my enjoyment of the phone, probably not. But every time I see it I can't help but think a $700 dollar less than a year old display shouldn't have stuck or dead pixels on it. So I went to att store and they told me that all warranty claim go through LG (makes sense, just thought I'd try to get lucky and walk out with a replacement same day.

So I called LG mobile customer service. I explained the dead pixel issue. The guy, who treated me like a 4 year old, walked me through basic troubleshooting that you would do if an app is misbehaving. When he got to the point of asking me to boot the phone in safe mode, and then ultimately do a factory reset, i finally stopped and said, "look this isn't a software issue, it's a screen defect. I'm not about to reset my phone simply to walk by through your basic protocol that you do with every problem."

Eventually he pointed me to a place where i could send the phone in, and because it's under warranty they will fix it and return it for free, IF they deem it the phone defective and not damaged. My phone is in pristine condition, but that still makes me nervous. All in all it was take two weeks at least to go through this process.

My question is, is this worth the hassle to fix? I can't help but think they should fix this on principle but dang, two weeks when in reality the dead pixels don't really affect me.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I would try this first as well. Also, since you now have a 2 year warranty, would you want to wait until and see if more dead pixels appear before sending it in?
I forgot they did extend this to 2 years didn't they! Not a bad idea.

I have tried the app to no avail. The app I tried just ran a weird random color pattern on the screen. Is that what all of them do?