dead S7 Edge

Mattgrossman

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
Well last month was a sad time for my Samsung S7 Edge.

Randomly my phone rebooted while i was trying to send a txt msg and thought it was weird. It rebooted and got stuck on the boot screen and I realized there was an issue.

The phone was just out of warranty by 2 months and my carrier didn't seem to care. So reading some posts on Samsung's site and here, i tried to get my phone going.

It was a no go. Thankfully i have my trusty Blackberry Passport still and popped my sim in. Took my Samsung to an official Samsung store with a repair shop, they then tell me the motherboard needs to be replaced and it's going to cost $350!!! Yikes

So after having a long discussion with my wife that i needed an Android phone as my Blackberry Passport is not able to update or run apps that i need, I ended up with a Pixel 2.

The Pixel 2 is a huge leap in a lot of ways, but I also liked the way my S7 worked.

Almost daily i try to charge it up and try to get the S7 to start but sadly, it's a no go.

I was 3 days away from getting Oreo on my S7.

So today, I write this post to say my S7 is dead and I'm coming to grips with it.

If there was a cheap and easy way to get my S7 going, I'd look at those options.

It's a shame, I literally had the phone 14 months. Got in march 3rd 2017 and by the time Samsung looked at my phone it was June 6th.

How is it my blackberry phones (i have about 10of them from old BBos days all the way to BB10) all lasted many years but yet Samsungs phone lasted literally 14months?

Oh well

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's your Samsung phone, not "Samsung phones". I've had my Note 3s for 4-1/2 years and, aside from one battery change, they're still both working fine. Why did yours go? Rough handling? Water damage due to condensation? Bad luck. Without knowing exactly what's wrong with it, there's no way to even guess. (And knowing what's wrong isn't a guarantee, in all cases, of knowing why it went bad.)

Mattgrossman

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
It's your Samsung phone, not "Samsung phones". I've had my Note 3s for 4-1/2 years and, aside from one battery change, they're still both working fine. Why did yours go? Rough handling? Water damage due to condensation? Bad luck. Without knowing exactly what's wrong with it, there's no way to even guess. (And knowing what's wrong isn't a guarantee, in all cases, of knowing why it went bad.)

No clue as to how it went. I actually took really good care of my phone. It had a Spigen tough armour case that was always on it, never dropped to my knowledge. Reading your reply though, my phone was in my pocket when i got caught in a rain storm and was soaked for about 3hrs until I was able to get home and change.