Debating buying "Refurbished"- Any Pros or Cons

jaybird28

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to buy a Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 and those refurbished prices with warranty are awfully enticing. Any body out there have history or thoughts regarding Refurbished??

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you mind going into a titch more detail??

i had a bad experience with a refurbished Sony TV years ago and i vowed after that that i would never buy refurbished electronics again. too many delicate interdependent parts and things to go wrong that aren't worth the headaches to save a couple of nickels. buying refurbished electronics is penny wise and pound foolish IMO.

good luck.

J T Triel

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a "Samsung Refurbished" Tab Pro form an authorized reseller, the device was very glitchy. It would randomly crash and screen would blink when doing difficult tasks. Called Samsung customer support and was told most likely a memory issue and to return item for repair. Several message boards discuss the problem and the need to download a 150 Mb software update to correct the problem. I did that and still had the problem. I ended up returning the tablet and went to Best Buy (Black Friday Sale) to purchase a new one.

If you want to recreate my issue to see if your refurbished unit has the same problem, download google earth and zoom in on your location. It always made my screen blink then would shut down the unit and do a reboot.

Normally I like a refurbished item, but in this case, I decided to go with a new unit which comes with a one year warranty.

t0nytw0t0ne

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I JUST bought a AUTHORIZED REFURBISHED Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 from amazon and it has been 2 days of heavy use and i have yet to find anything whatsoever wrong with the device. I also have bought many refurbished items such as an ASUS TF700, Couple LOGITECH remotes, keyboards and such with absolutely NO problems whatsoever. If you do decide to buy refurbished make sure you buy from an authorized manufacturer and not a SELLER REFURBISHED since they usually dont give you any sort of warranty unlike the manufacturer which will give you a 60, 90 or however long warranty on it. So in case something does go wrong they can replace or repair. (I usually push and push until i just get a replacement instead) I will update after a week with the tablet to let you know if anything comes up but like i said so far so good. hope this helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oneup