December/January Security Patches

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone on T-Mobile or any MVNO that uses T-Mobile towers (Google Fi, Mint Mobile, Simple Mobile, etc.) received the December and/or January update?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Which device you have?

I see you posting same questions in 4 different forums, by the way T-Mobile January looks to be halted at this time .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There have been a ton of posts in the Google help forums about the 4a, 5 and 5a not getting December. There have coincidentally been a number of posts about 5 and 5a phones having issues (sometimes specifically after getting the December update), so I'm suspecting Google may have pulled December without making any official announcements. On top of that, January seems to be having issues with Bluetooth (primarily reported on Pixel 7 and 7 Pro), but it might also be happening with others, so I wouldn't be surprised if January has been paused while they figure that out. I have a 7 Pro on T-Mobile that is still on December.

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Which device you have?

I see you posting same questions in 4 different forums, by the way T-Mobile January looks to be halted at this time .

Yes, I've asked this question on 3 different forums, but more importantly, no one has yet to give a concrete answer, only speculative ones (I'm not criticizing them) which are not useful at the end of the day. It's been the same thing on Reddit.

My sister has the 5, and my cousin has the 4a. They are both on T-Mobile. My mother has the 4a(5g), and my lady has the 5a. They are both on Google Fi.
None of them have received either the December or January update. They have been asking me incessantly for two months about this.

My brother has the 7 Pro. He is on T-Mobile. He has the December patch, but not January. He's not bothering me about the update, as his device is brand new, coming from a Note 8.

I have both the 6 Pro and the 7. I'm on Google Fi. I received the December update but not January.

I've been using Google devices since 2013, and with the exception of the Pixel 4/4XL, I have owned practically every flagship Google phone since the Nexus 6 and tablet since the Nexus 7 (2nd gen). I'm the one that got everyone around me to start using these devices. I know more than most about how these updates and how they are supposed to function.

I know how to sideload, for I am a Google veteran, but i am not going to sideload 7 phones. I purposely posted this on the different threads to bring further attention to this foolishness. While I definitely understand that things happen, it's still a shame that Google is being so quiet about this.

Speculative responses from random individuals are useless when concrete answers should be available from the company. Google needs to be more accountable.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I've asked this question on 3 different forums, but more importantly, no one has yet to give a concrete answer, only speculative ones (I'm not criticizing them) which are not useful at the end of the day. It's been the same thing on Reddit.

My sister has the 5, and my cousin has the 4a. They are both on T-Mobile. My mother has the 4a(5g), and my lady has the 5a. They are both on Google Fi.
None of them have received either the December or January update. They have been asking me incessantly for two months about this.

My brother has the 7 Pro. He is on T-Mobile. He has the December patch, but not January. He's not bothering me about the update, as his device is brand new, coming from a Note 8.

I have both the 6 Pro and the 7. I'm on Google Fi. I received the December update but not January.

I've been using Google devices since 2013, and with the exception of the Pixel 4/4XL, I have owned practically every flagship Google phone since the Nexus 6 and tablet since the Nexus 7 (2nd gen). I'm the one that got everyone around me to start using these devices. I know more than most about how these updates and how they are supposed to function.

I know how to sideload, for I am a Google veteran, but i am not going to sideload 7 phones. I purposely posted this on the different threads to bring further attention to this foolishness. While I definitely understand that things happen, it's still a shame that Google is being so quiet about this.

Speculative responses from random individuals are useless when concrete answers should be available from the company. Google needs to be more accountable.
It's against Forum rules , I understand you like answers but we all do as we don't work or Google there is no concrete answers that's why you see members here speculate as it might be something they heard from some media post .

Cross Posting - Do not post duplicate questions or topics in multiple forums or threads.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/volunteer-hub/778825-community-rules-guidelines.html

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
It's against Forum rules , I understand you like answers but we all do as we don't work or Google there is no concrete answers that's why you see members here speculate as it might be something they heard from some media post .

Cross Posting - Do not post duplicate questions or topics in multiple forums or threads.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/volunteer-hub/778825-community-rules-guidelines.html
I hear you, and thank you, for I wasn't aware of that. I will try to delete my other entries if possible. If it's not possible for me to do it, then the moderators can delete them. I have no problem taking accountability in a timely fashion for any mistakes I make. Google needs to do the same.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I hear you, and thank you I wasn't aware of that. I will try to delete my other entries if possible. If not then the moderators can delete them. I have no problem taking accountability in a timely fashion for any mistakes I make. Google needs to do the same.
Yeah just wanted give you a heads up on the Forum, I know it's frustrating Google not saying much on this I'm in same boat with my pixel 7pro on T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlantisx