Decisions .. Opinions needed

moviedude2k

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I have the S6 edge , but sadly this has been one of the worst phones I have ever used.. Prime example I took it off the charger an hour ago.. Haven't touched it and it is at 50% battery life and doing its over heating / lagging thing. I'm personally tired of it.. I hate to have paid for a premium experience but receiving what feels like a defective unit.

I made the decision to sell the phone and downgrade to either back to the Galaxy Alpha or HTC One M8. I love the size of the Alpha , but I am intrigued to try a new brand of smartphone. Ultimately I just want something that works without lagging . What is the best of those options? Or maybe what is another option ? Note* I can get either an alpha or M8 for around $200 ... I know the Alpha has been discontinued so it will probably never see updates sadly.

Thanks!

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Prime example I took it off the charger an hour ago.. Haven't touched it and it is at 50% battery life and doing its over heating / lagging thing. I'm personally tired of it.. I hate to have paid for a premium experience but receiving what feels like a defective unit.

How long have you had the phone? What you describe is insanely bad to the point it must be a defective phone, unless you have a rogue app or something. If you are still in the return window, I'd try to get an exchange for another Edge first before you give up on it entirely. While not a heavy user, I can easily get through a full day on a charge, even on my heaviest usage. Many days I'll still have over 50% battery left when I put it on the charge as I go to bed after being off charge all day.

I came from an M8 and was generally a fan of HTC Sense for years prior, but after using the S6 Edge since launch, going back to an M8 (or M9 for that matter) would seem like quite a big step backwards.

moviedude2k

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I have had the phone since launch and it has always had these bugs.. I have read others having similar issues that I assumed it was "normal" Day 1 issues and should be fixed via software update. Well... 5.1.1 has come and gone and it is still bad . I still have manufactor warranty which I will probably exercise then sell. I can't really see the advantages of the phone over the Alpha-- which I did end up getting ( runs so much better) and I prefer the form factor.

I also think Lolipop lock screen is annoying.. live and learn right?