Default Calendar app

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have 2 Calendar apps installed.

Google’s Standard Calendar and Callendo.
How can I restore Google’s Calendar to the default calendar, so it loads when I click on the Date on my Home Screen in the AT A GLANCE area.
Presently, CalenGoo loads. I don't remember how I got it to be my default calendar, but I now want it change it back. I still want to keep both of these on my Pixel 3. Your advice please. Thanks. 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, select CalenGoo, then see if there's an Open by Default option. If so, toggle that off.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks
I did toggle it off, but it still loads. The standard Google Calendar is toggled on. I also FORCED STOP, but when I hit the Date icon, it still opened CalenGoo and the Stop icon was not stopped.
I don't want to uninstall it because I use their SEARCH FUNCTION that is superior to Google’s Calendar. Events entered in Google’s calendar will sync over to CalenGoo.
Any other suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which date icon are you referring to -- an app shortcut? If so, are you certain the app shortcut is for Google Calendar, and not Calengoo?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Again I must be explaining the problem incorrectly.
CalenGoo's search engine looks in the entire database for this your search entry. Google’s calendar search, I think, goes back 2 years.
Regarding the home screen, I have to place Google’s Calendar in a standard icon on my Home Screen. It's easier to click the Date In the AT A GLANCE area and save screen space for a different app on my home page.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Go to both calendar apps in settings and find open by default and clear them both. Then for the one you don't want to open, In the same "open by default" setting there should be "open supported links". Change it to dont allow. Maybe that will help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So what you're saying is that when you tap the date in the At A Glance widget, Calengoo still opens, and not Google Calendar?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Fastest way go to settings>apps>all apps then tap 3 dors upper right corner tap and reset app preferences should ask you after reboot to choose which default calander

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Fastest way go to settings>apps>all apps then tap 3 dors upper right corner tap and reset app preferences should ask you after reboot to choose which default calander

Keep this in mind too if you reset all app permissions. You will have to set these back up if you tinker with everything like I do lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220724-134153_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220724-134153_Settings.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 5

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Go to both calendar apps in settings and find open by default and clear them both. Then for the one you don't want to open, In the same "open by default" setting there should be "open supported links". Change it to dont allow. Maybe that will help.
That did it. It worked. Thank you very much.