Delay when trying to record text via voice recording

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this problem for some time and never remember to post here to see if there's a fix. When attempting to record a text via voice input, there is a long delay before the recorder will accept voice input. It eventually lets me record, but it's kind of killing the whole point of having that feature - I might as well just type out the text. It becomes more of an issue while driving, since you have to keep watching/waiting for the device to accept your voice input. Not safe. This happens in both Google Voice and the standard Messaging apps. There ARE times when it works right away, as it always used to, but not very often.
I couldn't find this issue with several different search word combinations. If it's been answered somewhere already, a link to the discussion would be great.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been having this problem for some time and never remember to post here to see if there's a fix. When attempting to record a text via voice input, there is a long delay before the recorder will accept voice input. It eventually lets me record, but it's kind of killing the whole point of having that feature - I might as well just type out the text. It becomes more of an issue while driving, since you have to keep watching/waiting for the device to accept your voice input. Not safe. This happens in both Google Voice and the standard Messaging apps. There ARE times when it works right away, as it always used to, but not very often.
I couldn't find this issue with several different search word combinations. If it's been answered somewhere already, a link to the discussion would be great.

I think part of the issue is data connection strength. The stronger, the better the voice recogntion.

Carlos Escalante

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue and totally agree with you...it worked great at first. ..so it doesn't make sense about the 4g strength. .because there's ALWAYS a long delay...very frustrating. ..I think resetting the phone to manufacturing defaults might do the trick... but do I really want to go through that?...hmmm I don't know. .. any other suggestions? ??

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue and totally agree with you...it worked great at first. ..so it doesn't make sense about the 4g strength. .because there's ALWAYS a long delay...very frustrating. ..I think resetting the phone to manufacturing defaults might do the trick... but do I really want to go through that?...hmmm I don't know. .. any other suggestions? ??

Well, Carlos, let me know if you decide to do the resest and if it works ;) Then I might try it...

Max West1

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I guess i"m not the only one. I notice that there is a big delay now on my Galaxy S5 near the end of a any sentence spoken into the speech to text feature. This happens in the text app, facebook messenger, and anywhere else i'm using that microphone button on the keyboard. I tried changing keyboards and uninstall updates and nothing. Even was on the phone for 2 hrs with Samsung. They said it's a google product and everyone is having this issue. My phone is only 2 months old!!! It didn't do this when I bought it!! So now I'll probably have to reset the phone, turn off all updates so I can get this feature working. It's a great feature, so much so that I use it heavily, especially when driving or too busy to text with my fingers. But with all the pauses, time outs and lag it makes it so frustrating. When I bought the phone it was fine. I even went into the ATT store and tried a brand new phone and had no problem whatsoever. So it's obviously something in googles software.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatJimmy