Delay when using data?

nighthawk700

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
On my Sprint Palm Centro (and my older Treo 600) I had a delay of about 10-15 seconds when I used data (e.g. loading a webpage, or an email) and when the data connection went off. So if someone called in that time, the call would go right to voicemail. I'm trying out a Droid now on Verizon, and haven't noticed the same. When the data stops loadin, the data connection stops.

Is it the same with the Hero?

I'm not trying to get into a Sprint vs. Verizon type of thread/debate, I'm just wondering if it was the Palm, Sprint, or something else that was doing it. And if it is the same on the Hero, I wonder if it would be the same once they switch to the 4G.

Thanks.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
EV at the top lights up for a second after I close the browser... Having said that, if I'm on the browser, I still get calls. I've never had the issue you described on the Hero. I did miss calls all the time while I had my Pre: data, no data. What happens is usually the phone becomes unresponsive for a second, then the lights flash (thats when I know its a call), and then the screen changes and sound starts while im using data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110