Delete all contacts

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Client got new S23. used the Samsung transfer app thing with his old S10e. All his Exchange contacts came over as Phone contacts. Then he added his Exchange (Office365) account and has two identical sets of contacts. None of the Google advice for deleting all contacts applies to the S23. A Google Pixel with Android 13 can delete all contacts. The S23 is not the same. I would have to individually delete each of his 4,600 + contacts. Anyone solve this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Assuming you're using the Samsung Contacts app:

1. Open the left side menu (by tapping the 3-line hamburger menu button at the top left), then tap the selection at the top of the list and then select "Phone", so that only the Phone contacts are shown.

2. Long-press any of those contacts to select it.

3. After one of the contacts is selected, you'll see a button for "All" appear at the top left. Tap that, and all of the contacts in the list will be selected.

4. Now tap Delete All at the lower right.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
First thing I would do is remove the Exchange account first. All those contacts tied to that account will go away.

You don't want to delete those because it will sync the deletion back to the account and they'll all be gone for good.

Once you delete the on-phone contacts, re-add the Exchange account and those contacts will come back.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk