Design: Hope I Don't Offend But I Just Gotta Know....

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Since my Best Buy And Sprint Store both don't have any in stock or on the horizon and are seemingly clueless as to when they will, i thought i'd ask here...

I know taste is subjective but to those of you who DIDN'T like the design, now that you actually have it, are holding it, using it, (and i presume loving it : ), is it better or worse once its actually in your hand?

Would you say its tolerable, nicer than you thought, or worse?

Verrrry curious ovah heah, in fact, i care MORE about its form factor than just about anything else about it! (yup, i'm THAT shallow...lol)

Thanx :p

BTC

rockdrummersrock

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Oddly enough I was very meh about the whole thing. It has a kickstand so I was all hyped over that but as I look over the device I do enjoy the metallic band around the edge, it gives it a cool look and feel. The back that people are raving over feels so familiar that I don't really see what about it gave people goosebumps. The top back is a total fingerprint magnet, we all knew that. I for one don't really mind it and seeing as there are so many solutions to cover it up if you so choose, it really makes it a non-issue in my mind.

Hope that helps sort of? I know it's all opinion lol:p

cib227

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
its a great device, i wasnt sure about it but i like alot! its thin and very light, and i actually really like the back of the phone, but it is subjective...

good luck!!

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough I was very meh about the whole thing. It has a kickstand so I was all hyped over that but as I look over the device I do enjoy the metallic band around the edge, it gives it a cool look and feel. The back that people are raving over feels so familiar that I don't really see what about it gave people goosebumps. The top back is a total fingerprint magnet, we all knew that. I for one don't really mind it and seeing as there are so many solutions to cover it up if you so choose, it really makes it a non-issue in my mind.

Hope that helps sort of? I know it's all opinion lol:p

thanx for reply... But cover it? With what? That hideous blue case? Thats uglier than the phone...lol But i'm sure hopefully soon some slimline cases will be available... Sigh, why does everything i lust after require such patience? Of all my virtues, thats the one thing i ain't got...lol

r1fo

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I didn't like the design at all when I saw pictures/video/reviews on it... but oddly enough once I got the phone in my hand and looked at it, the design really works well. It's actually a shame to cover it up with a case.

I almost think the phone is TOO thin and that's why I would put a case on it and not to hide the back.

Reactions: aeroPM

rockdrummersrock

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
thanx for reply... But cover it? With what? That hideous blue case? Thats uglier than the phone...lol But i'm sure hopefully soon some slimline cases will be available... Sigh, why does everything i lust after require such patience? Of all my virtues, thats the one thing i ain't got...lol

Gotta love Seidio :cool: :seidioonline.com now if they'd just make me a bigger battery/battery case!

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I must admit I wasn't too happy with the design when I saw the pics. But now holding my precious in my hand I'm totally in love with it! Not to mention that any lingering dislike for the design is totally gone with the performance I'm getting out of this baby.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was on the fence with the design, but my primary focus was on the stuff under the hood. When they took the phone out of the box to activate it, I felt like all the people in The Lord of the Rings movie! I had to touch it and hold it and somehow felt so much better once it was in my hands! I think the hold up in customs heightened my anticipation for this phone. All I can say is that this phone is damn sexy and every single person that has seen it or held it in their hand has been completely amazed by it.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE smarter than your phone!

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm with cloak.n.dagger on this one.

Late last night, on the couch, lights out, cradling and - yes, gently touching - my shiny new ring of power phone I heard one of the voices in my head saying, "My preciousssss..."

andrewvig

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I had several iphone guys at work experiencing "phone envy." (their words, not mine) hardcore iphone guys too. In hand, "sexy" is the best statement. I don't want to wrap it in anything.. Really I just want to whisper sweet nothings to it and gently caress it. Gotta go, I think I hear my wife coming down the hall. She's doing the same to her phone. Don't know why I'm hiding it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well i didnt mind the look of the phone when the photo's starting popping up on the net but i wasnt in awe or anything like that. I questioned the 2 tone back like everyone else too.

Then i got my phone...

LOVE IT and so does everyone else that sees it. I've been to several different stores looking for cases and what not and i get the same response, "can i hold it" lol

They girl that sold it to me had major phone envy (she had the photon) and before i left the store she asked if she could hold it one more time. She said its sooo cute lol

So BTC i know you hate the phone by reading your other posts but from an owner, i love it

Last edited:

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
When I saw photos of the phone, I was impressed. I wasn't prepared for how absolutely wonderful the phone is in person. It was stunning. It far exceeded my expectations on every level in aesthetics.

I took my phone over to my friend's kiosk where I had a coating put on the front until the full, pre-cut coating is made, and the team were fawning over the phone. They were in love with it.

It truly is a fantastic looking phone and not a single photo does it justice.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think the lesson learned here is no matter how good pictures are, reviews, video's etc.... You can't truly judge a device until you see it in person with your own eyes.

I think its an awesome looking device from the pics, the glossy back who the heck cares.. Nothing a quick shine with a cloth won't take care of... My NS4G is a finger print magnet. I've never worried about it once because otherwise the phone performed as expected.

I think HTC really did a great job with all variants of this HTC "One/EVO" device, hands down and I've never would of considered owning an HTC before this so I think it says alot to pull interest of people from other makes & models.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
All I ever see people comment on is the back of the device, which admittedly is where most of the design flair is...but I want to know how much people like the FRONT of the device (the part we have to stare at). I know the screen is gorgeous, but I'm concerned about what's around the screen. I've always been a huge fan of the back of this phone. I think it looks incredibly sleek and sexy and I absolutely love the red/black and even the shiny plastic. I think it all looks fanastic. The front, though, I think looks like a handheld radio from the 80's. It's square, it has no curved edges, the matte black on top looks dated, the bezel seems too large, etc.

Does anyone feel this way once it's in your hand? I haven't seen it in person yet so I'm dying to do so. I'm hoping I'll think it looks fine in person because I already love the back.

I mean compared to the oneX, which has the gorgeous white curved design and the glossy black screen area, this one just looks so old fashioned. And then there's the galaxy S3. The screen-to-phone ratio on the front thanks to the tapered corners makes the thing look downright futuristic.

Any input?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batni