Diagnosing Reboots

avalpert

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been having period reboots and freezes recently and am wondering what the best tools are for diagnosing the cause (or any suggestions on what it might be).

I am running stock 2.3.5 ROM with Yennob Base4 Kernel on my Nexus S 4G. I was using a 1.2 overclock and then set it back to 1.0 but still had a reboot.

Any suggestions on what may be the cause or what diagnostics I could use/run?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Try a stock kernel to determine if your reboots are kernel related.

I'm completely stock and ever since the 2.3.5 update I've been getting random reboots with no new apps that I had when I had 2.3.4.

Hopefully this 2.3.6 update fixes that. Really starting to tick me off.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm completely stock and ever since the 2.3.5 update I've been getting random reboots with no new apps that I had when I had 2.3.4.

It seems updating without wiping always has more potential for problems than clean installs. You should try a factory reset to see if that helps.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Rooted stock ROM with a manually installed 2.3.5 running flawlessly here.

Ha.

Haha.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It seems updating without wiping always has more potential for problems than clean installs. You should try a factory reset to see if that helps.

I'll wait to see if 2.3.6 (Or the act of) fixes the issue. I might root anyways, lol. Really wish I had root right now for 1 thing).