did i just brick my phone?

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i watched the how to install cognition video #1 & got to the end of the video. i now have my phone in download mode, but i do not have 1 click odin on my phone. is there a way to get out of download mode & put odin on my phone before i brick it?:-!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i watched the how to install cognition video #1 & got to the end of the video. i now have my phone in download mode, but i do not have 1 click odin on my phone. is there a way to get out of download mode & put odin on my phone before i brick it?:-!

odin doesnt go on your phone it goes on the computer.... if you are on download mode, the big yellow yield sign,, just pull your battery and start your phone normal

Reactions: rouxster

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
whew. thanks droidx. if i'm ever in old bridge, nj, i'm going to buy you a keg of your favorite spirits! you have been more than helpful to me over the last few days! cheer my friend!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
whew. thanks droidx. if i'm ever in old bridge, nj, i'm going to buy you a keg of your favorite spirits! you have been more than helpful to me over the last few days! cheer my friend!

your welcom :) yeah odin gets opened on your computer, connect your phone put it in download mode and continue to follow the directions, if you missed something watch the video over

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded odin to my comp. but before i go any further, i now have an icon in the notification bar that looks like an sd card w/ a red "!". also, my phone is not showing any bars to make a phone call. i tried restarting the phone to no avail

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded odin to my comp. but before i go any further, i now have an icon in the notification bar that looks like an sd card w/ a red "!". also, my phone is not showing any bars to make a phone call. i tried restarting the phone to no avail

did you remove your sim card by any chance?

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
good grief! that was it. i'm scared to death that i brick my phone that i freeze up if something looks different! i need to get over myself. haha. thanks again for your help!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
good grief! that was it. i'm scared to death that i brick my phone that i freeze up if something looks different! i need to get over myself. haha. thanks again for your help!

no worries, i did horrible things to my girlfriends phone lol and it wasnt bricked, its really hard to permanently brick the phone just relax and follow the videos :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PDP