Did your new HTC One box come sealed?

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I saw some youtube videos of some people opening their phones and some of them are sealed with plastic wrap like they do with iphones or Apple devices. Others were just sealed with 2 stickers on the bottom of the box.

I'm getting my Verizon One on Thursday at a Verizon store and was just wondering why some phones on the same carriers are coming sealed with plastic and others sealed with stickers? (I would prefer the plastic wrap because stickers can easily be tampered with).

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just a guess, but the ones wrapped in plastic are probably pre-release versions sent to tech sites for review.

The two sticker packaging is normal. I really don't think you need to worry about tampering either way...

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Just a guess, but the ones wrapped in plastic are probably pre-release versions sent to tech sites for review.

The two sticker packaging is normal. I really don't think you need to worry about tampering either way...
Yea I think you're right.

Last edited:

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine was in sealed plastic wrap. I think this is how they all are when they leave the factory some carriers may remove the wrap though to check the handset.

Coleman Lee

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Have owned 5 HTC One's (2 Silver, 3 Black). All of then just had round stickers holding it sealed on the bottom left and right of box. None were shrink wrapped.

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I want to get to the bottom of this...maybe they get shipped from HTC sealed, and opened for a specific carrier? The international version is sealed and maybe this is because there aren't any carrier specific items in the box that needed to be opened?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had 2 HTC One phones... Both came wrapped in that plastic.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexa soundzen