difference between T Mobile and MetoPCS

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering if someone could help me understand the difference between the service and coverage between MetroPCS and TMobile. I know Metro is a virtual provider on TMobile, so what would you be missing out or gaining by selecting Meto over Tmobile?

Thanks!!

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
MetroPCS actually is not an MVNO. MetroPCS is owned by T-Mobile, so MetroPCS is really just a "brand" of T-Mobile service. You get the same exact coverage as on T-Mobile. There are a few key differences though.

• No free international roaming
  • No music freedom
  • Missing some of the add-on services like JUMP
  • Your data is provided at a lower priority. On an uncongested tower you'll see the same speeds as a T-Mobile customer, but if you're on a heavily congested tower with a mix of T-Mobile and MetroPCS users, the T-Mobile users will see better speeds.
  • A few features like call forwarding, call history through your account, etc... are add-ons instead of being included.

Wendywitch31

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
They are owned by same parent co., BUT
I've been with TM for over a yr & although they are eager to help, they don't. My bill has nvr been accurate. They ran 4 hard credit check when told not to and sold me a used phone as new and although it's been proven, have refused to give me new or credit me. I accidently stumbled upon a metro Office, not even a store, the manager was able to help me do things TM Techs couldn't in a yr, inn 20 min. IM switching. The capped data plan wTM is more than the uncapped w GB plan at Metro.

Wendywitch31

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
But, READ FINE PRINT on JUMP. 1. Isnt covering what the manufacturers warranty doesn't, because once TM takes possession of a lot of devices the agreement stops there. Samsung isn't where a replacement device would come from anyway, all returned devices are refurbished by TM's own Tech Dept. If you use Jump or "factory xchange" you will not get a new device from TM or SAMSUNG. TM only promises exchange to be "in like new condition". The list of EXCLUSIONS on JUMP includes "Acts of God" & "loss due to mysterious circumstances". Both negate every possible thing thst could happen that wld require using Jump. I had a $100 device they pushed Jump on me, only to get policy wk ltr and see my deductible was $100!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They are owned by same parent co., BUT
I've been with TM for over a yr & although they are eager to help, they don't. My bill has nvr been accurate. They ran 4 hard credit check when told not to and sold me a used phone as new and although it's been proven, have refused to give me new or credit me. I accidently stumbled upon a metro Office, not even a store, the manager was able to help me do things TM Techs couldn't in a yr, inn 20 min. IM switching. The capped data plan wTM is more than the uncapped w GB plan at Metro.

Sounds like that store is just bad. The store near my house is more than helpful. As for my bill it's the normal $100 it should be (we're on the 2 line for 100 deal).

As for capped if you have the unlimited plan it doesn't cap. I'm around 85 GB right now and going strong.