Different cover

TouchPerception

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to get rid of the glossy back cover of the G2? I'm having troubles getting a good grip on it and I don't like cases. So I was thinking if there was an alternate cover to switch it to matte or something less slippery.

LG G2 running CM = PERFECTION

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I did alittle walnut blasting(sand blasting with walnut shell) to a friends LG G2 with all the ports/camera taped over and screen protected and it left the back with a nice matte finish. You just need a steady hand with just a few quick passes. There is also a mild acid etching method but I don't trust getting all the acid off so never tried that way.

TouchPerception

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Can I remove the back cover and sand it with sandpaper and give it a spray with plastic spray like the ones you use on cars?

LG G2 running CM = PERFECTION

adauth

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
If you read the original post you would have noticed he said he does not like cases.

I did read it. I must have missed the 4 words about him not liking cases.
However the Incipio feather might be worth looking into. It is extremely minimal with barely any bulk (it's only 1mm thin) , looks good with various colors , and provides much better grip than the back cover.
uploadfromtaptalk1394986670953.jpguploadfromtaptalk1394986768947.jpguploadfromtaptalk1394986814543.jpg

Sent from my LG G2

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
However the Incipio feather might be worth looking into. It is extremely minimal with barely any bulk (it's only 1mm thin) , looks good with various colors , and provides much better grip than the back cover.

This is the best case for me. I love it. I have the black. It kind of feels like a soft sand so there is a good grip to it.

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had one of those minimal cases on my moto x and dropped it on garage concrete floor, cracked the digitizer but not the screen glass. Now using a seidio active case. Moral of story don't drop the phone!!

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

lucverhoeven

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Ever thought about stickers and decals for either the back cover or the entire phone?? Should help with the slipperyness. Looks cool too

Posted via Android Central App