*Different Versions of Sense 4?*

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Peace All,

I'm sure everybody is anxiously waiting to receive their phones (if they havent gotten them already)--so I know this thread will get buried, but...
I just noticed after playing with my EVOLTE that some of the common widgets found in past iterations of SENSE are missing from our EVO's?. For instance, in the ONE S & ONE X variants, HTC's standard Twitter app (HTC Peep) can still be found, but in the EVOLTE it is missing. I also noticed in the ONE S & ONE X they have a neat HTC widget called "TASKS", which is primarily a Get Things Done (GTD) app with great functionality for productivity<---this too is missing from the EVOLTE.
Those are some of the major differences that I have noticed. Anyone else notice some of HTC's widgets missing in the EVOLTE compared to the ONE S & ONE X?

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I actually just checked and saw that we do have the "TASKS" widget.
I for one, do not view the "widgets" of SENSE as bloat (which is primarily the reason why I only buy HTC Sense phones). I guess to each his own...its just amazing to me that people who say they hate SENSE "bloat" spend most of their time trying to make their phones look like a HTC SENSE phone (from the standard weather clock & animations, bookmarks, news reader, etc)

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Peace All,

I'm sure everybody is anxiously waiting to receive their phones (if they havent gotten them already)--so I know this thread will get buried, but...
I just noticed after playing with my EVOLTE that some of the common widgets found in past iterations of SENSE are missing from our EVO's?. For instance, in the ONE S & ONE X variants, HTC's standard Twitter app (HTC Peep) can still be found, but in the EVOLTE it is missing.

You will probably be able to download the missing widgets from the HTC hub.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Wait till you find the really annoying differences. Plug it into your computer and try to sync files. Sprint's done it different than just about anyone I've ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bule